Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps doesn't connect on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have set up Google Maps from the Fitbit app, checked the boxes for auto start, installed the app on the watch and when I start navigating, it does not start in the watch app. When I manually open the watch app, it says "not navigating," even though I am.

Anyone else know how to get around this issue?

(Yes, I checked all the troubleshooting about updates and everything...)

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

I've merged some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for keeping me posted and I'm happy to share with you that the issue has been fixed. To use the Google Maps feature on Sense 2 and Versa 4, update the Fitbit app to the latest version and follow the instructions to set up the feature. For more information, see How do I use Google Maps on my Fitbit device? Google Maps will be coming to iPhone users in early 2023.

We appreciate your patience and we hope you enjoy this feature.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

How did you get access to Google Maps? Was there a FW update or app update? Fitbit hasn't announced anything yet and I believe majority of users don't have Google Maps yet.

Best Answer

I don't know how, I just happened to look at the apps in the Fitbit app this morning, and Maps was there right under Wallet. I don't know when it was added, but I figured since it was there, it must be ready.

Best Answer

Must be usual progressive rollout. I don't have it yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and not sure whether it is ready. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Hefe and @Rex_LYK. Nice to see you around the Fitbit Forums. @t.parker Thanks for jumping in.

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If Google Maps is not starting automatically in your watch, please follow the steps in this Fitbit help article: Why isn’t Google Maps working on my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone had any luck getting the Google Maps app to work on their Sense 2? I've installed the app and it is set to auto-start. When I click the tile on the FitBit app on my phone it says Setup completed. There are no pending app updates on my phone.

But when I launch Google Maps and start navigation nothing happens. I've tried walking and biking. The app only says "not navigating". I select Auto-start help which says to "Set up on phone", I select Open which only opens the app on the phone.

I'm wondering if the issue is because I am on a Pixel 3a, which Google has stopped supporting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working with "Not navigating".  The troubleshooting guide of updating everything doesn't help at all. For reference

Google Map 11.60.0703

Fitbit app 3.72

Moderator Edit: Formatting / Word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Opening GMaps in the phone and starting navigation should (in theory) auto-start Google Maps on the watch but nothing happens. Samsung Galaxy S22+

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

Also doesn't work for me on a Google Pixel phone.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Same issue for me. I wonder if there is an (unreleased) Google maps phone app update that we need before it starts working? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@N8teGee I don't think so considering there are non-Google watches supporting Google Maps already. I can't imagine pushing Google to release update of maps everytime wearable a manufacturer asks. On the other hand, it's kind of special case as it's all Google/Fitbit so they may have done it differently as they simply can.

Edit: just checked and Maps received update quite recently on December 8th.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gojulas

I've merged your post with an existing one as it will be easier for discussion if it's all in one place. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new member.

Thanks for the detailed information provided. I understand how important this feature is for you and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Let me share this issue has been reported to our team so they can further investigate what may be occurring. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Yes, as I mentioned in my opening post, I did all the troubleshooting steps that are published. Didn't help.

Best Answer

Did anyone get it work that could share their fitbit app and Google map versions on their mobiles?

It does look like an issue between fitbit app and google map on the mobile. If I turn off my pjone Bluetooth, the google map app on fitbit watch will show "Couldn't connect" instead of "Not navigating". 

This is so epic...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dopovo also, despite it doesn't work at launch, it looks like the feature is even simpler than I initially assumed. I assumed a lack of visual maps but expected some basic wearable Google Maps features like:

- starting navigation from the watch

- being able to use stored locations as waypoints (home, work etc.)

Basically, something halfway between no maps at all and what I see on Galaxy Watch 5. To compare, GW5 also needs a mobile phone to run maps but navigation starts from the watch (it acquires a list of stored places as well as gives a tiny (but surprisingly well-working) touch keyboard and voice input). That opens the maps app on the mobile phone in the background but a user may keep the phone away in the pocket, there is no need to interact with it at all. Fitbit did it the opposite way (although we can't test it).

Best Answer

Thanks, @Dopovo 

So basically it's not yet enabled and somehow the feature was leaked? Fitbit rocks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@asiayeah it hardly "leaked". It's simply not tested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker How many testers do fitbit and Google have? 🙂 It must be Christmas and they are all in vacation?

Best Answer
0 Votes