Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Google Wallet on Sense 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can see many are facing issue with adding cards in Google wallet . The cards that supprt in mobile not supporting to setup in Watch 

It would be really helpful if there is any timelines to fix these bugs

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting

Best Answer
272 REPLIES 272

Yes, I've tried that and I still get the same error

"Something went wrong.  Error connecting to sense 2.  Make sure it is close by and turned on".

Pretty sure it's been disabled by Fitbit just to make us miserable. 

Best Answer

If this problem isn't affecting all Fitbit Sense 2 users, then we are the select few.  Since changing the account has no effect, the only consistent piece is the hardware.  It's either a hardware issue (unlikely because the NFC tag is testing active/working with NFC tools) or it's an intentional software block on the serial # for RMA'd Fitbit Sense 2.  Why? No flipping idea.

Best Answer

Just called customer service again and they escalated my case again. Told the rep that I will call, chat and email daily until they fix the issue or replace the watch. Told them that my case has been escalated multiple times but no resolution. So I am going to bug them until the get me a resolution. 

Best Answer

I will point out again that when I bought my Sense 2 it forced me to install Google Wallet which then failed to work for about a month, then an update was released after which I was able to get contactless payments to work. I'm still not thrilled about it as it doesn't integrate with Google Wallet completely, but it lets me make purchases whereas it previously didn't so I'm medium happy about it. I'm not completely standing up for Fitbit but since I have gained functionality with updates I assume that they are working on fixing the Wallet mess so for a while longer I can't say they don't care and aren't trying to fix issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last I checked, I still couldn’t make contactless payments, even though my cards are now showing on my Sense 2. I’ll check again tomorrow, but I know that this is the last FitBit device I will ever buy or own. Seriously thinking of switching to Garmin

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you say "then an update was released", do you mean an update to the watch firmware or the Android app?   It's encouraging to me that at least your Sense 2 seems to work for payments... though that makes it even more puzzling why it doesn't work for others- such as myself.

What is the build number of your watch firmware?   Mine is 60.20001.184.52   (can find in the app or under "system info" on the watch itself)

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to report this situation, and your efforts while working on this matter. I apologize for the issues that you've had with the Google Wallet on your Sense 2. I believe you may have already tried this, but could you confirm with me the following information, this will help me to investigate on my end:

• Your bank is supported. To check this, click here.
  • You've followed the steps described in this help article.
  • What is the model and OS version of your phone?
  • If you get an error message, take a screenshot and share it in your reply.
Best Answer

Sounds like you may best begin by reading this thread (8 pages of it) and checking out the support cases with all the info that every member in here has raised with both Fitbit and Google for the tech specs info?

Best Answer
  • My Bank is supported:   Capital One, National Association (Mastercard/Visa)
    • Further evidence of support is that Google Wallet works fine for payment using my PHONE & used to work fine on the Versa 2 - same bank
  • That article you reference doesn't really have much in the way of troubleshooting steps -- it's more general information about how payments work... but to the extent that it provides any setup/troubleshooting guidance, I've done all these steps many, many times... as reported elsewhere in this thread
  • Phone is a One Plus 10Pro running Android 13
  • thirstycat_0-1683665168190.png

• Currently open "support" case:

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

My friend, who works for Google, is watching what is happening on this thread in disbelief.

...!

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit I have looked at the list of banks supported for the UK and I know one of them that is going to withdraw it's credit card this month. Also this list originally had Lloyds Bank on it when I purchased my Sense 2 but now it is no longer on there (I have a copy of the Lloyds entry from the original list as proof). As Lloyds is one of the largest banks in the UK why has it been removed from Google Wallet on the Sense 2 yet it it is available as valid cards on Google Wallet on Android? Given that Google own Fitbit why don't you two companies co-operate with each other? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For more info - both AUS largest banks NAB and Commbank were working well with Fitbit Pay, never any issues, had them set up for many years. Obviously no banks work with Google Wallet on watch - neither my NAB nor Commbank card function since the Fitbit got acquired by Google and replaced the Fitbit Pay with Google Wallet, the payments functionality has stopped working. Google Wallet only functions on phone, it does not function on watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a case now open with Fitbit support for 4 months and it has been escalated many times with no positive results. 

Fitbit has even taken off the list ( it was originally on it) Lloyds Bank - one of the largest banks in the UK. I just don't understand what Fitbit is doing here. Are they trying to kill off their premier fitness products or is it Google saying to Fitbit Pixel watches are the future?

@SunsetRunner@Wave54321 any help your friend can be would be much appreciated. 

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Best Answer

I am in version v3.81. The issue still persists. I don't know what the dev team is doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for replying back with the requested information. While I understand some of you already did it, the intention of my previous post was to gather the most updated information and investigate this situation. Nevertheless, I appreciate your feedback on this.

I've gone ahead and forwarded your posts to our team so they can look into this. I'll update this thread once I have more details to share.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I now know definitively this issue has nothing to do with the version of Android or the make or model of the phone.  I also am running diagnostics on the NFC   Would it be embarrassing if I find a fix before Fitbit... Does Fitbit have a bug bounty program?  What if it's not a bug...

Best Answer

😉patience

Best Answer
I bought my Sense 2 mid January and the first forced update killed Fitbit
Pay like everyone else's and it wouldn't allow me to set up credit cards
until after updates, there were updates to both the app and watch, and I
believe they happened in February. My watch now works for payments but
Google Wallet integration is still garbage, watch firmware is 60.20001.184.52
and app version is 38134001firmware, bank\card is USAA\visa, and I'm in the
US.
Best Answer

ugh... that's unfortunate... but I too have updated now and 3.81 doesn't fix anything.  Honestly, I'm not sure what the change was other than the "1" at the end of the version number 🙂

Best Answer

This issue is with Warranty replacement Watches, for some reason the watch is not allowing the Installation of Google Wallet on the watch. I am aware that the new watches do not have this problem. I can install Google Wallet on my old Sense so it is not the software it has to be the Refurbised Sense 2 that they sent as an replacement. I think it has to do with the NFC settings on the watch itself. 

Can't add cards it the Wallet will not load to the watch, can't get past the first screen on the app. It will not sync with the watch. 

Best Answer