Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Google Wallet on Sense 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can see many are facing issue with adding cards in Google wallet . The cards that supprt in mobile not supporting to setup in Watch 

It would be really helpful if there is any timelines to fix these bugs

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting

Best Answer
272 REPLIES 272

Shows how much they truly care

----------------

Even after explaining everything to tech, this is the response I got.....

Set up Google Wallet on your Fitbit

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app on your phone.
  2. Tap Today 

3. Tap your profile picture 

your device image 

Google Wallet.
  4. Sign in to your Google Account.
  5. Set a 4-digit PIN for your Fitbit device to use with Google Wallet. A PIN is required to use Google Wallet.

Add a payment card

Important: Currently, some cards that are supported on Google Wallet with your Android phone may not be supported on Google Wallet for Fitbit. For now, if you want to use a card that isn’t currently supported, you can still pay with your phone.

You can select cards that are in your Google Account, or add a new credit or debit card. If you add a card to your Fitbit device, you don't need your phone to pay. To add a card:

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app on your phone.
  2. Tap Google Wallet 

New credit or debit card.
  3. Scan your card with your phone’s camera or enter the card details manually.
  4. Add your card’s 3-digit security code.
  5. Choose a method for your bank to verify your identity. You may have the option to have a code sent by text, email, phone call, or other methods.
  6. Enter the verification code.

To know more information about it please visit the next website 

As EVERYBODY knows,  THIS DOESNT EVEN ADDRESS THE ISSUE.  ARE THEY STUPID OR JUST NOT PAYING ATTENTION???

Best Answer

@Sworldtech2020 they are reading from a script. The only way to get someone sensible is to get it escalated. I spent 6 months on get this fixed with Fitbit, twice escalated. Then one day it just worked, I have no idea why and the card that it worked with is not on the Fitbit list either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wave54321 -  Have you ever heard back from Fitbit on your workaround?

Best Answer

Nope.  Everything related to this issue is ghosted by Fitbit.  I'd also like to point out that this issue appears to be software related, which is not included in Fitbit's warranty, and so there likely isn't pressure internally at Fitbit to fix it. This fix is holding though, I've used Google Wallet on the Sense 2 many times since without any issues. 

Best Answer

I thought i'd chime in with my recent experience and workaround to get wallet to work on the off chance it might help someone else out. I have a Versa 4 and was experiencing the same issues in that I was unable to add my already registered cards in my google wallet to the fitbit. I contacted customer support at fitbit and directly reported to google, but no response. after a long conversation with my bank (HSBC - I am UK based) and following their advice of de-registering my bank cards from google wallet, then re-registering them again and going through the entire validation process with the bank in the hope that I could add the cards to the watch, this ultimately failed and they were unable to help me. My bank's technical support came to the conclusion the fitbit version of the google wallet must be some optimised version which wasnt playing nicely with the bank's back end systems but couldnt say for sure what the problem was. this got me thinking...

i noticed when you select google wallet in the watch (not the app on the phone),  despite the logo being of google wallet, the initial message instructing you to connect to the phone app seemed to refer to fitbit pay. I came to the conclusion what if google in the their rush to rebrand everything and stamp their authority over fitbit changed all their front end (customer facing) branding and interface to google wallet but left the back end systems (i.e. card registration / verification / transaction systems etc.) based on the original fitbit pay app? in which case only those banks who were originally approved for use by fitbit pay app would/should work. I decided to put this to the test so I trawled the list of banks that were on the approved list for the original fitbit pay and selected an online bank (Revolut) that i knew I could set up an account with easily and quickly (takes less than 10 minutes). once the Revolut account was setup I attempted to add the Revolut card to the google wallet via the fitbit app and low and behold, it worked! i went out to the shops just to check if it actually worked and can confirm it does. later on I happened to check the transaction history on google wallet and discovered when accessing the wallet via the fitbit app then the transaction shows but when checking via the actual google wallet app the transaction doesnt show which further confirms my suspicions that the fitbit app is just running a rebranded version of their original fitbit pay app . make of this what you will, what was a deal breaker for me now means i will keep the smart watch (for now). Its a bit of a pain using the revolut card as it is a virtual bank card which basically works on the principal of topping up credit/pay-as-you-go on their bank card, but this is fine by me as its just an extra layer of security in case i misplace the watch or it gets stolen then and funds wont come out of my main actual bank account.

sadly, as many of you have pointed out this is probably the beginning of the end of the the fitbit brand as google cannibalises the fitbit brand and shutters functionality in the fitbit watches in order to drive sales of the pixel watch. I'm not a fan of iphone/ios but i know for a fact Apple customers will have a solid user experience and continued support with their products and this horrid experience with a google product has pushed me one step closer to ditching all things google in the future. I hope this helps some one out there. 

Best Answer

I'm suspicious that Fitbit pay is actually based on Apple pay. It doesn't play nicely with Google pay, when I authorize my Fitbit with my bank I get a bank message congratulating me for adding an apple pay device, and the guy that posted the workaround of using an iPhone to add cards to the watch certainly supports my theory.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google and fitbit wrong logic, if my card is in my google wallet on my phone it should work also to pay from sense 2.

But no the same banks are not working on google wallet fitbit as on google wallet on my phone....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazing find.  I too am a UK user, and none of my UK cards that were on the official "supported" list would work either, with the same symptoms others have had.  So I signed up for Revolut and got myself a virtual card in about 5 mins, and then tried to add that to my Sense 2 and have equally been successful for the first time ever.  Not only that, I tried to use the Sense 2 to pay at a Coffee shop this morning, and it worked a treat.  No need to get involved with any iPhone-nonesense at all to achieve this as my mobile is a Pixel 6.  At least now, when I'm offered a firmware update, I can ignore it until it is well proven as everything else on my Sense 2 works the way I'd expected for the uses I have.

Best Answer

@osbornj6 I spent ages trying to get cards to work and then one day one worked. It's not on the approved Fitbit banks list for the UK but it works. Like you now everything works. Love Google maps on it. Used that a lot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No such miracle with mine.  Whilst the Revolut virtual card was successfully added and tested, the other officially "supported" UK cards I have still cannot be added, so just not going to bother trying those any more.

Best Answer

i tried doing the iphone hack to setup the cards as someone suggested here, didnt work for me. using revolut is a temporary fix though, has anyone tried this method of deleting the cache in google play services? 

https://droidwin.com/google-wallet-not-working-on-fitbit-sense-2-versa-4-fix/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anybody heard back from FitBit on the Google Wallet Issue yet?  I have seen posts about this since Dec/Jan.....  Support has quit sending me the same canned email status...

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support has had its head up it's rear on this issue from the beginning... At least for getting around the "something went wrong..." issue, setting up Google Wallet using an iphone or ipad worked perfectly for me (thankfully my daughter has an ipad I could borrow for the task).    I can now pay from the watch -- although if I go to "Google Wallet" in the Fitbit app, I still get the "something went wrong" message... so presumably if I had to add/remove a card, I'd need to use my daughter's Apple device again.

It seems there are two different problems related to Google Wallet though-- ONE is what I described above where the setup process won't even work on the Android devices.   The SECOND appears to be an issue some people are having with getting their cards added to Google Wallet on the device.   I didn't have that second issue, so can't speak to what does or doesn't fix it.   For the first though, the Apple-fix (Video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ILqFOFfOck&t=4s) did the trick.

Be sure to Like and Subscribe! In this quick and comprehensive video, Dave Wave guides you through the steps to resolve the Google Wallet Error "Something went wrong. Error connecting to Sense 2. Make sure it is close by and turned on" on your Fitbit Sense 2 device. If you've encountered this ...
Best Answer