Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal trim on back of Sense 2 fell off

Has anyone had this problem and is it safe to use superglue to fix.  See pic

20230629_101608.jpeg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
298 REPLIES 298

Hi @rickmusser - thanks for the great photo, others have had similar problems - while you can glue it back the metal bits perform a function and if not done right could cause things not to work.

Why not just get it replaced under warranty for one that isn't broken?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

One just fell off mine this morning!

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @rickmusser and @Wednesdayschild@Guy_ Thanks for your help.

@rickmusser Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and taking the time to share a picture of your watch. I went ahead to check your details and it seems you already have a case created with our team. I'm sure they'll continue helping you with this matter, so please keep an open communication with them.

@Wednesdayschild I'm sorry you're having the same issue with your Sense 2, and thanks for the update. I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can investigate and see what can be done for you. You'll receive an email with more information shortly.

Best Answer

This happened to me yesterday, how can I get this repaired thru Fitbit.

Best Answer

Ours was under warranty.  I have returned it to Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi there, @rickmusser@ashlynnflee Welcome on board.

@ashlynnflee Thanks for joining this thread and I've requested a case for you so our Support team can bring a solution for you. They'll get in touch with you via email, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

@rickmusser I'm happy to hear that and please reply back to our team if you have questions about your case.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has sent me a replacement Sense 2

Best Answer

I’m so happy to see that this has happened to others too. Mine fell off too after seven months, but warranty was rejected by the service technician due to quote: «Rejected. Damage due to faulty use, sensors does not fall of by themself, this is due to use in the shower and is not covered, unit shall not be used in the shower or in the bath at all. Faults due to faulty use is never covered»

I tried telling the technician that Fitbit.com says «waterproof to 50 meters, shower and more» but then he changed the reason for rejection to be «damage caused by user, and mlssing parts on the backside» (which is why I claimed warranty the first time…) The damage I was supposed to have caused was breaking the glass, but it is spotless. 
The clock is 100% functional, it’s only the sensors that are missing. 
Can you please help me?

Kind regards Harald, Norway

IMG_8781.jpeg

IMG_8783.jpeg

IMG_8784.jpeg

Best Answer

Hi @Hardtop - it is clearly a manufacturing fault please insist with support.

I have flagged this with the moderator as others got theirs replaced, rightly so.

Best Answer

Thank you Guy! 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Wednesdayschild, and a warm welcome to @Hardtop@Guy_ Thanks for the heads up!

@Wednesdayschild Thanks for keeping me posted. I'm glad you'll receive a replacement and I hope you enjoy the experience with it.

@Hardtop Thanks for the picture, and the details provided. I went to check your details but I couldn't find an interaction with our Support team. Nevertheless, I requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance. You'll receive an email with more information, keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. 

Just a little update here. The support team (Lis) have contacted me, and they are sending a new watch! Super service! Thank you @LizzyFitbit again for helping. 😊

Best Answer

Hi there, @Hardtop.

You're very welcome. I'm glad you're about to receive a replacement and I'm sure you'll keep crushing your goals with it.

I'd like to invite you to  check our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends, start your own topics and interact with other members working toward a healthy lifestyle. Have a great weekend ahead!

Best Answer

This just happened to me today. I took my watch off and one of the metal pieces was still on my wrist? What can I do about it? 

Best Answer

Hi @Kamkam85 - your watch needs replacing under warranty where you bought it in order to work correctly. You can always chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

Welcome to the community, @Kamkam85@Guy_ Thanks for always helping our members.

@Kamkam85 I'm sorry this happened to your Sense 2, and thanks for taking the time to report it. Given this situation, I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can look into this and see what can be done for you. You'll receive an email with more information shortly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had one fall off. I just went on the chat, provided a photo to show what happened, was asked to take a photo with a case number, snd I’m getting a replacement. Don’t glue it. There are contacts there and you will void the warranty. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Babci6.

Thanks for sharing your experience and suggestions. I'm glad you're receiving a replacement and I hope you can keep crushing your goals with the Sense 2. In case you have time, check out our Health & Wellness board where you can meet more people, find tips and encouragement from other members, and start your own topics.

Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

One of the reasons I decided to check the community was to see if anyone else had the same issue.  I was surprised at the number of people who had the same issues.  I figured putting my experience and solution in, would help someone else get the help they needed. 

Best Answer