Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 bands won't latch correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having issues attaching a different band on their Sense 2? Only one end of the loop band will successfully snap back into place. The other end fits, yet I am unable to click it into place. This is NOT an official Fitbit band, yet I have purchased two separate bands from two separate companies and I am having the exact issue with both. Only one end clicks in place. User error or perhaps faulty watch hardware?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided and your efforts while working on this. While the Sense and Versa 3 bands are compatible with the Sense 2 and Versa 4, please note we cannot guarantee that all third party bands will work the same way.

If you don't have an official accessory, my best advice is to get in touch with the retailer for further assistance. You can always get an official band from our Fitbit store, or through our authorized retailers.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Same here! I purchased Sense bands (third party), and they fit my old Sense perfectly but will not snap in with my new Sense 2. Something must have changed with the connection on the Sense 2. 

Best Answer

Fitbit Sense 1 straps do not fit Fitbit sense 2... - confused

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner  the easiest way to see which bands work for the different styles of Fitbit is to go to the sales page. click to go there. Scroll down and you'll see that the Sense and Sense 2 use 24 mm bands and show as being interchangeable.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried two different Sense bands that do not fit my Sense 2. The width is correct, but the notches on the band that make it click into place are the wrong size. Visually, the Sense band notches are bigger than the notches on the band that comes with the Sense 2.

So the Sense bands are unable to attach to the Sense 2 watch.The Sense bands fit fine on my Sense, but do not attach to my Sense 2.

Best Answer

Were this authentic Fitbit bands? If so, you might want to ask customer support about it.

Best Answer

Same for me … my third-party Sense bands won’t snap into my Sense 2. The width and size is fine, they just don’t attach.

Best Answer

Naah, 3rd party bands from Amazon, but were listed as "Sense 2"

There might be slight differences between the Sense 1 and Sense 2, as it was highly rated on Amazon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine were 3rd party on Amazon, but were listed as "Compatible with Sense 2" and was highly reviewed 

Maybe there are slight differences between the Sense 1 and Sense 2 and the seller took the word of Fitbit saying that both bands are interchangeable. 

Best Answer

I've asked support and they elevated my question. I expect I will be told tough luck and have to buy another one.

Best Answer

Keep us posted! were yours third party too?

Best Answer
0 Votes

same situation 😞

Best Answer

Your posts were merged into one thread and a Fitbit Moderator has been notified about this issue. They might have more on the subject to share with you.

Best Answer

I'm lucky. I got some OEM bands and they just fit. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @Odyssey13 Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the details provided and your efforts on this situation. As you may know, the Sense bands designed by Fitbit are compatible with the Sense 2, as well as the Versa 3 and Versa 4. While I understand those third party bands worked on the Sense, we cannot guarantee they'll work with the rest of the smartwatches since they weren't manufactured by Fitbit. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience and my best advice is to acquire our official bands from our website or any authorized retailer.

If by any chance you're having this issue with our official bands, please let me know and provide me with the type of band you're having the issues. That way I can investigate on my end and help you out.

Best Answer

I have two official accessory bands from Fitbit that were shipped to me along with the Sense 2. Of course, I have the band that was in the case as well. The band in the case and one of the two accessory bands immediately click into place just like they should. But the other one flat-out won't connect. I can't really see why that would be.

FWIW, I do have some third-party bands lying around that I'd purchased for the original Sense. None of them will mate with the Sense 2 either. But as you said, Fitbit isn't responsible for those. I bring it up just to make the point that whether you've got official or third-party bands, attaching seems to be binary. Bands will either mate effortlessly with the Sense 2, or they don't mate at all. At least, that's been my experience so far.

That wasn't my experience with earlier Fitbit smartwatches. None of them ever mated well. But with some maneuvering you could get most any of them to work.

For completeness, the Victor Glemaud 24mm attach knit works with my Sense 2, but the hook & loop 24mm attach does not.

Best Answer

I purchased 2 third party metal bands on amazon and both wouldn't snap into place. Then I finally found a 3rd party genuine leather band which fits perfectly. Interestingly it is advertised for the original Sense...

amazon.de/gp/product/B08LV2MHF7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best Answer

This! Very annoying. The Sense 2 official bands are backwards compatible with the original Sense, but third-party Sense bands are not compatible with the Sense 2. They will fit into the slot, but they won't click in.

I hope the third-party vendors catch up soon. The official bands are waaaaay too expensive, and the one I'm using now is not very secure and has come loose multiple times already.

Best Answer

Hi there, @mike-MKvip and @Amazondoc@EPlurbis Welcome on board?

Thanks for the details provided, as well as sharing what bands work for you. As mentioned, please note we cannot guarantee that all third party bands will work with the Sense 2. I appreciate your feedback and we'll keep working to improve our products, as well as the experience with them.

@EPlurbis Thanks for letting us know about your experience with your watch. Because you're having an issue with an official band, I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can investigate and help you out. They'll send you an email, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer

I am having the same challenge. I tried to call to ask Fitbit, but I couldn’t understand the person in the foreign country. The only reason I bought a new Fitbit sense was because I have so many bands. I’m personally tired of Fitbits poor customer service, and not caring what its customers concerns are. Personally I think it’s time to send my Fitbit product back and get an Apple Watch, and instruct the hundred plus people that I coach to do the same.

Best Answer