Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 bands won't latch correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having issues attaching a different band on their Sense 2? Only one end of the loop band will successfully snap back into place. The other end fits, yet I am unable to click it into place. This is NOT an official Fitbit band, yet I have purchased two separate bands from two separate companies and I am having the exact issue with both. Only one end clicks in place. User error or perhaps faulty watch hardware?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Yes they show as being interchangeable, but they definitely are not

Best Answer

I just upgraded to Sense 2 from Sense and I had about 20 bands for my Sense that I bought from 3rd party vendors.  None of them fit the Sense 2. This is my only complaint about the upgrade. 

Best Answer

I guess I got lucky, purchased bands on Amazon that were compatible versa 3 and 4, and sense and sense 2, having no problems.

Best Answer
So tell us which bands they are!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wizvv 12 Pack Compatible with Fitbit Sense Bands/Versa 3 Bands Women, Soft Silicone Sport Strap Slim Thin Waterproof Replacement for Fitbit Versa 4 Band/Fitbit Sense 2 Band, Small

Hope That helps, they can be ordered as small or large

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is notorious for making you buy NEW bands - even for the same model, different generations.  Sad, dumb and irritating 😒 

Best Answer

Wow! But thanks for responding!

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @drneecie  you might want to return and edit your post. You have your office phone number listed in a public forum.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pardon? 

Did this really come as a shock?

Google loves profits!!

John, QDDP

-----------

Not sure that was a mistake....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy,

Thank you for the information, but it really is not that helpful is it?  Of course, Fitbit does not guarantee anything with respect to third party accessories. I am sure Fitbit  did not guarantee 3rd party accessories for the Sense.  So respectfully,  that is not the question.  I interpret the comments as questioning why Fitbit knowingly changed the design of its latching mechanism for the Sense 2, with the result that 3rd party watchbands that fit  the Sense are not also compatible with Sense 2. I doubt it was done to improve the ability of the mechanism to better hold the straps, if so, it has failed to do so. What it did succeed in doing was to drastically cut the wide diversity of choices in band styles, materials and price points. And it has caused many of us who upgraded from the Sense to the Sense 2 to have to return watch bands that were advertised (falsely) as being compatible with "Sense/Sense 2."  It is unfortunate that Google does not have a better response. 

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided and your efforts while working on this. While the Sense and Versa 3 bands are compatible with the Sense 2 and Versa 4, please note we cannot guarantee that all third party bands will work the same way.

If you don't have an official accessory, my best advice is to get in touch with the retailer for further assistance. You can always get an official band from our Fitbit store, or through our authorized retailers.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. They contact at one end but not the other abs that is with a Fitbit sense. It won’t connect to the sense 2.   One end of it anyway!   Very annoying 

Best Answer

Lizzy -- I've owned two official Sense watchbands. The first gave me a nasty skin rash, and the one I'm using now (the "sport" band on the Sense 2) constantly comes unfastened. (How Fitbit expects anyone to keep this band on while actually playing sports, I have NO idea!) Neither is a reasonable option for everyday wear, and all of the official bands are incredibly expensive.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

I also had a Sense watch with a 3rd party metal link replacement band. After getting the Sense 2 watch, I found it did not latch properly on the metal band. After trying three more bands from Amazon, I became very frustrated. I purchased one more and it actually worked! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JTVVCW2 It clicked in perfectly. The ones that did not work on my Sense 2 were: https://a.co/d/0cVtZ6M https://a.co/d/h1fDfAK https://a.co/d/bRLHgrT 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is, having spent well over $200 for a Sense 2, I shouldn't have to use Fitbit's ugly and sad band choices. Apple doesn't do this. If I want to buy a nicer, cooler, more interesting band on Amazon, I should be able to do that. You know when you're making the item that the sense bands are either going to fit the sense 2 or not. There is absolutely no reason the original 3rd party bands that fit the original Sense shouldn't fit the Sense 2 if you're saying that the Fitbit OEM bands are all interchangeable. This sounds completely shady that we would have to be beholden to OEM bands.

It's not even just that the Fitbit bands are ugly. I don't like the way they close. I got a 3rd party metal band that closes in a different way- like a metal watch band does. I don't like the loop going on the inside. That's just a stupid way to have to close it. If you're not going to have a huge menu of bands, then stop messing with our choices outside Fitbit.

Best Answer

Has anyone found any straps in the UK that do the job? I'm gutted that my leather Wonder Woman strap for the Versa 3 doesn't fit my Sense 2!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, do the offer any other bands? Is awful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will Fitbit offer a wider variety for the Sense2. The official bands are not appealing. My first sense broke, and the Sense 2 was only available, I have quite a few bands ( various styles) for the Sense1 and only the official for the Sense 2. It would be nice to have some variety that not so expensive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue. I only purchased the Sense 2 b/c my old one broke. I have a lot of nice bands all varieties and cant use any of them. And the official ones are terribly expensive and look horrid ( my opinion). It would be nice if they offered an larger variety

Do you mind sharing which ones from Amazon, I just returned 2 that stated Sense 2.. Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Every manufacturer from cars to sports trackers do it in order to keep the revenue coming in! Little tweeks here and there which they don't always publicise.

Best Answer
0 Votes