Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 bands won't latch correctly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having issues attaching a different band on their Sense 2? Only one end of the loop band will successfully snap back into place. The other end fits, yet I am unable to click it into place. This is NOT an official Fitbit band, yet I have purchased two separate bands from two separate companies and I am having the exact issue with both. Only one end clicks in place. User error or perhaps faulty watch hardware?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

On the older FITBIT Sense/Versa3 adapters, a little rim on the edge is blocking to insert property on the newer models. 

On the newer compatible FITBIT Sense2/Versa4 adapters, a little rim was removed. Here you can see a clear picture. 

Best Answer

Is there any way to get around it? I'm returning my Sense 2 because of this. I can't wear the crappy straps they make. I have beaded bands that were great with Sense, but now I can't use them on the supposedly compatible Sense 2. I would not have upgrade had I known this. What a stupid, stupid idea. For me the band is part of the package. Sending this back.

Best Answer
Best Answer

This band works with the Sense 2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4D9F4D6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This band latches on one side but not on the other (the one end clicks into either slot, but the other end clicks into neither):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B8DGHRQ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-------------

Okay, I've found a workaround to get a bracelet type band that will fit the Sense 2. If you want this type of band, you can purchase any of these:

https://a.co/d/7WjPa5U

I love these bands, they are really pretty and not as gaudy as most bracelet type bands. You could really get any band that has the little spring mechanism at the end that fits into the clasp piece that then goes into the watch hole. But it MUST have this spring mechanism. If you look in that photo, you'll see the little spring bar. It's just like how the bands used to work on my older fitbit. 

Then you must buy this band:

https://a.co/d/flM2awv

Once you get that band, you just remove the bar that is connecting the band to the clasp piece. You just have to force it off. It shouldn't hurt the clasp piece, it just bends the bar and it comes off. You no longer need that bar. Here's how it will look:

PXL_20221216_160646284.jpg

Then you just insert the spring mechanism into those little holes and you have your watch band that fits the Sense 2. Is it ridiculous that we have to jerry rig our own bands? Yes! But at least there is a way if you want it. Anyhow, hope this helps someone.

Best Answer

I want some stretch bands. Not these stupid ones that you have to buckle. Yes, I ordered some off Amazon and one end clicked on but the other wouldn’t. Had to return them. Come one Fitbit!  Get some stretch bands like on amazing. I really dislike your bands. 

Best Answer

Sus, another annoying fitbit "feature". For twice the price of a 3rd party product we can only guarantee the bands you buy from fitbit.com or authorized retailer will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We purchased a band for Sense 2 from the "official" Fitbit website and it doesn't latch. Same as any other band we have purchased. So your reply about purchasing from Fitbit is not accurate. 

Best Answer

All I would say, is I’ve just dug out my old Fitbit sense to start wearing it again, after swapping to an iWatch S8. While I like the Apple Watch and fit it better in many regards, for fitness tracking it’s miles behind.. there isn’t a single apple app that gives you anywhere near the expected of the Fitbit app.

in fact even simple things like tracking steps on an Apple Watch is hard work, your watch might say 11,000 for the day, the Health app will say 8,620, the App activity tracker says 9,639 and the Apple step tracker says 11,620 .. complete madness!! 

sleep tracking is non existent even paid for apps, give no where near the detail.. so as far as fitness tracking goes .. the Apple Watch is a poor show, but for everything else.. I rate it better.. even simple things like the torch function or being able to pause iTunes music etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But they aren’t compatible. It’s not the 24mm size that’s the problem. Then end you put in, on the Sense 2, is 3mm on the original band and 5mm on the one I purchased through a third party. But the same band works fine on the original Sense. 

I thought I was the only one having this problem. There’s a difference of 2mm in the size of the end. 

What company did you order from?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ordered some bands off Amazon and they actually fit.  I don't know what company it was but it specifically said Sense 2.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same problem. I wanted a metallic strap for my Sense 2 but the last 3 I bought only able to latch on one end.  I have bought 3rd party straps that fit with previous Fitbit models prior to getting Sense 2. I have wasted much money trying to find a strap that fits both ends. Time to consider an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
I finally put some gorilla glue in the holes.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have u tried combining both ends that click into one strap? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No matter which end of the band is tried, one side of the fitbit doesn't
latch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That makes no sense.

I glued them in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I meant if you have bought 2 straps like I did and if one end of each strap latch on, you can transfer one working g end of a strap to replace the other non latchable end of the other strap. I did and now and the problem is solved. This can only be done if you have two straps and each only one has end that can latch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Does not work because one side of the Fitbit does not let any band latch
except for the one that came with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

At first there were very few third party bands that would fit the Sense 2. But I have two now that do fit.

These definitely fit-

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B4DBRFJX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403973060088?var=673854998803

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure it's the right way round - I had the same trouble realised it was the wrong way round (pattern is on both sides of strap for me)

Best Answer
0 Votes