Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Sense screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

owned my sense for 3 weeks after one waist high drop the screen broke, Fitbit would not even offer a discount. This is my second watch with them. Does any one know if there are an 3rd party screen replacement companies. You'd think fitbit would start using more durable screens since this is clearly an issue with multiple models of their watches... but I mean, we keep buying them even though they shatter like thin wine glasses.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Andielynn91 Sorry to hear about your broken screen.  I've never had one break on me before.  Unfortunately, Fitbit doesn't repair broken screens.  You'll probably need to google a screen replacement company in your local area.  There are several around me that repair/replace iPhone and Android phone screens.  They might do Fitbit as well.  

Best of luck!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

@Andielynn91 Sorry to hear about your broken screen.  I've never had one break on me before.  Unfortunately, Fitbit doesn't repair broken screens.  You'll probably need to google a screen replacement company in your local area.  There are several around me that repair/replace iPhone and Android phone screens.  They might do Fitbit as well.  

Best of luck!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

My FITBIT Sense screen also shattered and it didn't fall a great distance. It slid off my knee and just so happened to hit the floor perfectly. Unfortunately, upon talking to customer service, FITBIT does not offer any service for shattered screens. I asked the representative if they service the Sense to begin with, why can't they service it for screen damage? I told her that I would be willing to pay for it. She said they don't do that and upon asking her for a suggested vendor for the screen repair she said they don't provide that either. I asked her if I have the screen repaired by a third party and I have problems with the Sense will my warranty still be honored. She said I would have to read the warranty terms and conditions. I agree with you Andielynn91,  build a more durable screen and give the customer atleast a third party vendor for repair. This is my 6th FITBIT and I love the watch but FITBIT needs to work on this issue. Very disappointing to say the least!

Best Answer

I ordered mine the day after I got the sense.  Smashed the 3rd day. Band disconnected from fitbit. So the accident was a result of the band failing. I have a10 year history with no claims and premium. Too bad for me

Best Answer
That is so incredibly annoying. I'm sorry.
Best Answer

I also just noticed a fine line in my screen.  I have not had done anything to cause this damage. The screens seem very fragile. I have read a lot reviews of people complaining about this. They just came out in October and so I am assuming the complaints will continue to grow. If Fitbit won't address this problem our next best step as consumers is to leave reviews online.  This will help warn potential buyers and may force Fitbit to address the issue.  

Best Answer

Deciding whether to buy a Sense or Apple Watch right now. I have used SquareTrade through Statewide in the past as an electronic insurance program. There are two options with most plans for expensive electronic devices: one with a deductible or one without which is usually twice the price of the plan with a deductible. I think I saw that an AppleWatch plan was no more than $70-80 with a deductible -- and it included 1-2 screen repairs, possibly a year. I also saw that there was a company called Upsie. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the info. I will give Upsie a try. I am so disappointed the way Fitbit has handled the screen issue.  Very disappointing to say the least.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

No excuse for this kind of poor product, nor customer support

Best Answer

I like many others have had the exact same issue!  I never had a problem with my previous Fitbit and I had it for a couple years.  I have had my Fitbit Sense less than 3 months and the glass shattered with a very simple tap.  This seems to have a rounded edge which could potentially make it more prone to damage.  I have escalated with Fitbit but can't get anywhere.

It is really unfortunate that this is such a fragile device, especially for a device meant to be used for exercise.  I expect a higher quality of durability.  Unfortunately, this does not meet my expectations.

I also received mine a Christmas present.  My Fitbit Sense glass faceplate shattered as well way too easily.  Thankfully at least my glass lasted two months.  I too never had an issue with previous models.  I am also very disappointed with the customer service experience I have received.  The supervisor I just spoke with was rude and condescending.  Very disappointed.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Why isn't someone from FitBit reading and responding to these concerns?  When someone inquiries about the FitBit band or screen cover that I bought on Amazon I ALWAYS add that the screen is a result of a KNOWN design flaw and absolutely NEEDS protection and you WILL be disappointed if you do not provide YOU OWN protection for the screen.  FitBit customer service is horrible on this, unlike past experience.  Such a shame that the screen protector does it's job (so far) but completely makes EDA and EKG functions UNUSABLE unless protector is removed (who wants to do that all the time???).  Next watch will be a more careful purchase.

Best Answer

I think it should be called the "no sense".  The customer experience is nonsense.

Best Answer

yeah, it makes "no sense"

Best Answer
I wouldn't be surprised. Many of mine were removed due to being
duplicates. They were not just continuing discussion about the she issue.
Costco did a return for me. They took copies of my entire 8 week saga with
fitbit.
I would give fit bit customer service a minus 10.
Insulting, demeaning and I think they have a bot making an argument against
customers with problems.
They are probably too big to fail now.
Best Answer

I suggest that feedback be submitted on Amazon and Tom's Hardware and others that review gadgets as this one.

Best Answer

Mine also broke from where the band came undone and watch fell to ground from waist high fall. I too did the live chat was was told sorry and only offered a 35% discount to buy a new one. I am a 10-15 year customer with them and have purchased at least 5+ various watches from them. I agree their watch glass is junk and I'm sure they look at it as a way to sell multiple watches to customers. This customer has determined that its time to move on from fitbit. My wife wanted to get me the apple watch when I got this one but said no ! Guess when Fitbit looses enough customers they'll get the idea. BYE BYE Fitbit !

Best Answer

I discovered the screen on my Sense was cracked yesterday morning. Nothing but everyday life had occurred the day before, no knocks that I can think of. I primarily use the Sense to track my heart rate when I run or swim, but there is no way I can use it now, it looks like someone took a hammer to the screen. It is definitely not water-resistant to 50m now!

I bought the Sense directly from Fitbit, 10 weeks ago in Jan 2021. It was a replacement for an Ionic that had stopped charging after an automatic Fitbit update. I decided to pay extra and upgrade to the newest model, the Sense.

Yet now it’s the glass screen on the Sense that must be faulty. The number of comments on here with the same experience support this. When a product is faulty, I would normally go back to the place of purchase and ask for a refund or replacement. As I purchased the Sense from Fitbit, I’ll ring Fitbit on Monday when their Customer Service reopens.

Best Answer

That is awful!  I hope you get satisfaction.  If the company was dedicated to customer service, your watch should easily be replaced.  Such a shame that we all paid good money for a product with a poor design.  If I could make a suggestion to get a screen protector, sold on Amazon.  Any reference to the poor design of this watch on Amazon may catch the attention of FitBit and spare others from an unwise, non productive, faulty, poorly designed, inflated marketed watch.  I would be interested in an update after contacting FitBit.  Sending the best to you.

Best Answer
They offered me nothing even thoughI had many contacts over 2 months. I
did get detailed instructions on how to attach the band which I found
Infuriating.
They are collecting health metrics for profit in my opinion. We agree to
give it all I p in the mouseprint. My guess is insurance companies will pay
the highest price.
Of course Apple will do the same. Sigh.
Best Answer

The screen also broke on my sense.  I accidently knocked it off the counter onto the tile floor.  When I picked it up the corner was shattered and a crack ran up from the bottom left corner out and around to the top.  I only had the watch about a week as this was a replacement and nice upgrade to my old Fitbit Charge 3.  I chatted with customer support and they acknowledged my concern with the watch screen and said to check my email as someone would be in contact.  It was the SAME chat agent that emailed me and informed me that a cracked screen was not covered under warranty and basically there was nothing they would do.  They did not offer any discount for replacement or any options to have the screen replaced.  I feel that this $300 watch should have a screen tough enough to sustain a fall from a few feet.  Fitbit does not seem to have any concern for these screen issues and will not do anything about it.  The watch screen design is poor, in my opinion, and the customer support on issues like this is concerning.  My advice to anyone reading this with a good screen is to get a screen protector or if you are considering purchasing a Fitbit, explore other options before making a decision.   I do like the watch and its feature, but the screen seems to be poorly engineered.  

Best Answer