Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Sense screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

owned my sense for 3 weeks after one waist high drop the screen broke, Fitbit would not even offer a discount. This is my second watch with them. Does any one know if there are an 3rd party screen replacement companies. You'd think fitbit would start using more durable screens since this is clearly an issue with multiple models of their watches... but I mean, we keep buying them even though they shatter like thin wine glasses.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

Yes...when buying a $400.+ device there should be enormous support/replacement parts

Best Answer

Oh dear! I'm just reading this now. My Fitbit Sense arrived 2 hours ago, trying to close the strap putting it on it fell and the screen shattered.

What! My Versa2 was pretty durable.  I'm now so regretful that I've gotten the Sense. What a waste of money that was a big commitment to spend.  I've contacted Fitbit but given all of your comments am not hopeful. This will by my last Fitbit product. 

Best Answer

Seriously disappointing. I’m finding online that Garmin has a much better replacement policy and although Apple battery life isn’t great a least they can be repaired. We cancelled Fitbit premium. Never going back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Enjoy your discount off another new device.
Best Answer

My sense flew off during a run due to faulty band connection and they sent me an entirely new unit based on that. They don’t replace screens, but if the cause of the break is band disconnecting (original Fitbit band) they will replace it if it’s still under warranty 

Best Answer
Good for you!! 3 months of eating time with them and they would do
absolutely nothing. I've been a customer for, 10 years. Nothing!

Oddly enough today, almost exactly a year later, they sent an email
telling me to send in the fitbit!

Fortunately Costco stood by me and replaced the fitbit. I printed out every
email with them and provided it to costco.

I left scathing , but honest reviews on costco and anywhere I could.

I'm glad you were treated well. The band connection is flimsy.
Best Answer

I had an issue just this morning with the screen completely detaching from the unit. I sent a direct message to fitbit support via twitter... within 15 min I ordered my replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow -- I am still waiting for someone from Fitbit to contact me.  They must know it is faulty.  It is really a complete piece of @#$#!! I can't believe after spending hundreds of dollars and going through their whole process of sending in pictures and everything they still will not replace it.  I must say this was the worst customer experience I have encountered.

I cannot and will not recommend Fitbit based on my experiences with them.

I am shocked they were able to assist you.  This is the opposite of what I and so many others have experienced.  I now refer to it as the Sh#tbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good Afternoon
I agree, with everything you have said my experience with fit customer
service was about the same as yours.
I would never have purchased fitbit again , however my partner bought me
another at full price because I was so upset.
Kind regards
Sue
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me neither, but my wife bought me another too.  She bought me the previous one that broke as well.  She knows all I went through with Sh#tbit customer service and just bought me another.  I wanted her to return it, but she wanted me to keep it because she has one too.  Needless to say, she is now having a problem where her battery keeps dying on her new Fitbit.  She has returned it 3 times and it is still broken.  Customer service has been a complete nightmare for her, and she cannot get anyone to assist her. It takes weeks each time she sends it in, and she has the insurance on it.  They keep saying they fixed it, but when they send it back it still has the same problem.  She has to go through the motions to send it back in again.  It really is a complete NIGHTMARE.   I am buying our whole family the Amazon Android smartwatch soon and will be done with Fitbit.  The Amazon watch has all the features, is better priced but most important of all is they stand by their product.  Am@zon_ customer service is exceptional.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel your pain. I got my first FitBit in 2014 and it has definitely been hit or miss as far as quality and customer service. They have never fully mastered putting out a high caliber product. There are issues with every model and depending on who you talk to for assistance with an issue, you either get put terminally off for resolution or you get an immediate response and a replacement. I give them 3 stars overall. I’ve become used to the brand and am kind of grandfathered in, but I’ve definitely seen other brands reviewed consistently higher. I’m sorry you’ve been shelved by Fitbit…too bad they don’t value ALL of their customers.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You are fortunate!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just don't think the prices justifies the smart watch. It never ever registered my sleep etc so basically I just use it for my steps only.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
After 3 days, band unlocked, screen fell, cracked, customer since the 1st
fitbit.
No support. Costco took it back. Husband gave me new one, i bought
insurance, regularly gives me 10, 20, 30 THOUSAND steps in a 15 min
interval. I get, absurd badges for 15000 steps while i am asleep.
Fitbit service has been troubleshooting for a few months now. Won't
replace, also replace with refurbs when they do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit Customer Service (because they fail to support Customers) and FitBit Insider Community members place a “SOLVED” tag on these kinds of issues EVEN THOUGH IT IS CLEAR THAT THE ISSUE IS NOT RESOLVED, NO SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. I’ve used FiitBit devices since JUN 2014, and upgraded over the years as the watches “improved”. There are many issues with the battery life, privacy, poorly designed apps, zombie apps and lack of screen replacement.

This morning the screen on my FitBit Sense broke after the band unexpectedly released when I was walking my grandpuppy; I think it got twisted with the leash. I get that this is my “fault” but I surely would like FitBit to offer screen replacement services for those in similar situations. I would be willing to pay for the service even after the FitBit device is no longer covered by warranty.
The lack of customer support has gotten far worse since Google acquired FitBit. This is definitely my last FitBit device. Apple iWatch is my next smartwatch device to monitor my fitness. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got a garmin watch ..love it!

Sent from Bo's iPhone
Best Answer
The support is useless, time consuming, and infuriating. Ive been a
customer since the 1st FB. UNTIL GOOGLE I had few issues and great
support. The SENSE , strap fell off i. 3 days, fell 2 feet glass broke, FB
ZERO HELP, Costco took it back with printouts of all my FB. support
effort. Recd Sense #2 as gift. Bought FB INS, have pro membership.
Then began to get wildly inaccuate data , eg 15 thous steps in 15 min at 2
am. Support said it was the "wind". Many calls and resets, all useless.
Finally made ins claim. Cost another $35 deductible, ins was about $70.
A new device only sent. 1st day I recd a badge for 55,000 steps in a
day...as I got out of bed.
Im 72 with a bad knee lol.
I wonder If Google is sharing my wildly inaccurate health data for profit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Replaced my old Fitbit after the screen front popped open whilst swimming in pool. I opted for the Sense watch. Bought it in June 2022 and on 8th July 2022 it slipped out of my hand onto floor and screen broke from bottom right hand corner and thin crack across the entire screen. Not very strong screen at all, as good as a wine glass. Fitbit offered a 35% discount to buy a new watch from Fitbit store. Bought watch in July for £179. Fitbit website £219 so 35% off a high price. Asked a few watch repair shops who can't fix it. Considering going without a sports watch and going back to pen and paper. Fit for purpose durability does not match the price with this Fitbit Sense product unfortunately. Avoid buying one if you can, and avoid gentle knocks or falls from a couple of feet if you do buy this watch. 

Best Answer
I have had a Fitbit for tears but never one of the big smart watches. I have always loved Fitbit until I got the sense....the only thing it really measures correctly is my steps. It never registers my sleep properly. It gives me a reading of 1-3 hours of sleep but I definitely get more sleep than that.
I was given a new sense face (no strap/charger etc). Still really makes no difference.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

I too have had Fitbit for years. Crappy band unhooked on my new Sense and screen shattered when it hit floor. Screen is not durable and customer support is useless. Fitbit no more.

Best Answer