Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG APP in Australia

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is where I stand
Before I went and purchased my Sense Watch I sent an email off to the TGA asking when approval for FitBit's ECG APP would be given especially since everyone was busy with Covid Vaccine approvals I wasn't too hopeful for the near future.

Long story short a few days later I received an email that said I'll post a link to their document

TGA Response to my question re: ECG app approval date 

After reading this I purchased my Sense watch & it arrived today (It's gorgeous, don't use Apple I'm an Android person). Setup as per instructions downloaded latest firmware v: 44.128.5.49 & charged the watch. So far so good.

Watched a youtube video on setting up ECG app and looks easy so I get into settings on my phone & there is no ECG app, no problem so I do a search, nothing.
Next step ring support in the USA (24hr hotline) they check their system & report back they are still waiting for Australian Approval & will refund me for my watch if I pack it up & send it back.

I've had it less than 6 hrs & they want me to send it back. Not going to happen, I've decided to keep it for now & keep checking if the app becomes available.
I'm hating the TGA more and more as each day goes by, but this time I think I'll send some hate towards FitBit & their new owners Google for this delay.

BTW I've been a FitBit user since 2012 & have been happy with everything. I've tried others but keep coming back.
I'll keep you all posted when the app comes on line, until then stay safe, socially distance & wear a mask, death is permanent it's non reversible.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To all the Aussie FitBit Sense users
About 19:30 tonight August 25, 2021 the ECG APP appeared on my watch & it works  😊

ECG - 20210825.jpg

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

To all the Aussie FitBit Sense users
About 19:30 tonight August 25, 2021 the ECG APP appeared on my watch & it works  😊

ECG - 20210825.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sharky9000 I hope you are doing fine.

Really happy to hear that the ECG feature is now available for Australian users and thank you for posting this update as it may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks for the update.

I've installed it and I'm stuck in the set up loop. No option to actually run an assessment despite installing the ECG app and going through the introduction.

Edit to Add

If anyone else is stuck in this loop, skip the troubleshooting advice from Fitbit and reset your phone and Sense. That seemed to force both the phone and Sense to realise it was installed and allow the app to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes