Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG always inconclusive on left wrist

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started with the Sense on my left, because I am right-handed.  I tried to take an ECG many times, but the result is always inconclusive.  I sit with my arm on a table and hold still.  I tried varying how hard I press with thumb and index, as well as how tight the strap is.  I have no problem with taking an ECG on my right wrist and it always says normal sinus rhythm.  It is annoying to wear it on my right wrist though.  Had anyone else had this type of issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I wear mine on my left hand and have never had that issue.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pdxr   Do you have any kind of skin condition on your left wrist?  When you get a real ECG, those pads have a conductive gel on them.  The Sense has just the metal in contact with your skin.  Maybe there is something that keeps you from getting good contact when it is on your left wrist.  But if the left is the same as the right, then I am a bit baffled.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing visible. 

I am a bit unclear about how it works exactly.  Your arm needs to be on a table, so perhaps related to blood pressure.  I had thought that the back of the Sense is only being used optically, so maybe it is having a hard time with that.  Different fingers are used, so there is that possibility.  And it even seems possible that place where you touch is different so maybe I could try cleaning the contacts with alcohol. 

My suspicion is that it might be the conductivity of my fingers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

in the setting do you have the watch set to your non dominate hand? this might be it or do you have any kind of scars, birth marks or tattoo's on your left wrist where the watch sits? all of those things can effect this.

Best Answer