Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise heartrate way off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Recently I switched from the Ionic to the new Sense. But the heartrate during exercises is not very accurate. Actually it's way off comparing with the records of the same exercises of the ionic.

My average heart rate during Weights was normally around 109bpm but now it's 74bpm. for sure this can not be right? And the other day I played squash and I used the tennis exercise to log it and it said my hr never went above 109 while normally it peaks around 165. Is there something wrong with my fitbit sense or is this a common bug?

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

It's definitely a program issue mine is doing the same, along with battery only lasting a day. 

Best Answer

I really like my Fitbit Sense but extremely disappointed and frustrated after each workout. That's an average difference between Polar and Sense. What the hell, really? 

Screenshot_20210107-183941_kindlephoto-106360915.pngScreenshot_20210107-183949_kindlephoto-106406641.png

Best Answer

It may be true because everything depends on the type of training. For example, if you're training with a specific weight, let's say 100 lbs. It shows you 109bpm on your gadget. After a time when you already got used to that weight, it becomes easier for your body to train with it. So, in the end, your gadget will show you less bpm because your body consumes less energy for this weight. I have a massage shogun inc that I use before training. It is a message that that prepares all the muscles for hard work. So, before, it showed 115 bpm after the massage, and after 3 months of daily usage, it shows 90bpm. I guess it is a usual thing for everybody.

Best Answer

Have the exact same issue. Fitbit needs to fix this. When at the gym I also wear a chest strap and the Sense is off by 20-30 BPM. I don't expect it to be exact, but I do expect it to be close. Maybe I should have taken the ionic recall money and bought something else...

Best Answer

I bought the Sense after the recall on the Ionic but the heartrate monitor appears to be almost worthless. I pushed today until I couldn't go any harder and my heartrate was 103. On my Ionic I would have been in the 140 range. Apparently if I had pushed to 140, I would have been 200 (and dead). I'm 72 yrs old. I wish I had just ignored the recall. I've had FitBits since 2015 and they always worked fine

Best Answer

Thanks for the info. It may be time to move on from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Just finished chatting with support. I'm returning my Sense for a refund. Way too buggy for what it cost. I kinda wish I didn't send my ionic back under the recall. But I still have my Blaze and will use it until I find something else.

Sending mine back for a refund.

Best Answer

@DudeGoingDeaf I believe the Ionic wouldn't have even worked anymore because I thought I read they turned off the syncing. I could be wrong.

Best Answer
I wouldn't doubt it. Can always look for something else when $ is received
from the recall.
I'm really disappointed with Fitbit for releasing such a buggy device.
Mailing it back today and using my Blaze until all funds are received.
Best Answer

I ended up being so frustrated with the sense, after owning several fitbits over many many years.  I jumped ship in December to a competitor and have been frustration free since.  

Best Answer

That's sad, I've had 3 or 4 since 2015. 2 or 3 are still under the counter. 2 are Surges. All worked great and no issues with heartrate 

Best Answer

I've never had issues with any of the previous 3 Fitbit models. Sad. I wonder if the burning issue with the Ionic was from whatever read heartrate. My wrist used to hurt after wearing the Ionic often and for a while I stopped wearing it to sleep

Best Answer

It would really be sad if they were trying to hide the issue

Best Answer

Yes but me getting in better shape definitely wasn't the issue. I'm using for climbing stairs and riding my mountain bike. I utilize it by watching my heartrate and pushing until I get to 140-150 or more then I back off.

Best Answer
I’m with you!
Best Answer

Do you have to have the extended service plan to get a return for refund? 
My sense has the low heart rate problems every body else describes; plus I can’t even use the Restart procedure suggested—there’s no way I can press the button that makes it go off!

Best Answer

I did not have the extended service. Only had the Sense about 4 or 5 days. Just chatted with support and worked out a return for credit.
Really disappointed.

Best Answer