Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Attempted firmware update for Sense yesterday, it showed that it was updating. Since then, the app no longer connects to the sense and will not register the device. Sense is no longer discoverable through Bluetooth. I'm very angry that an update has rendered my Sense completely unusable.

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

At least yours finished the update. Mine is stuck in the middle of the update and will not do anything. I cannot turn it off or anything.

Best Answer

Yikes that's very frustrating. I hope it can be resolved quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same. Tried a hard reboot and now it's stuck on the Fitbit logo and won't load. I now have a very fancy and pricy wrist-mounted neon sign advertisement for Fitbit. 😕

Best Answer

Same here! I can’t reconnect to BlueTooth, decided to reboot everything and now I can’t sync or add Sense. Help!!!

Best Answer

Yep. Me too! I will be calling customer service because this is unacceptable!

Best Answer

Hi all, unless your watch is in a catastrophic state, try

• logout of the Fitbit App, for Android clear the storage cache and force stop it.
  • Remove watch Bluetooth entries from phone
  • Restart phone (and watch, if possible and not in the middle of updating)
  • Login to the app and then go to the phone home screen without closing the App
  • Click on the sync popup and wait for prompts

If that doesn't do it,  click profile photo, "+Set up a Device" and replace.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Not sure if your instructions work. It may work for the others, but I gave up and did a factory reset on my watch. It did the trick, but I had to sacrifice today's data.

Best Answer

Hi @Willingerad - unfortunately if you do a factory reset you will also have to do the setup a device step which would have resolved it without losing the data.

Also you will need to make sure your settings in the app are as you want them, as some may have been reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was aware of the need to choose all of my settings again prior to the reset, and it honestly did not take me very long to do. For others with more connected apps, devices and payments, a reset may not be an ideal choice.

I appreciate your attempt to help and hopefully others can benefit from your advice! 

Best Answer

Same here, can't even factory reset.

The firmware update did went through and shows a tick sign on the sense screen which I think is suggesting the update completed. However sense stop responding.

Tried hard reboot but shows Fitbit logo only, also tried factory reset (press for 20+ secs) and still shows Fitbit logo only 😢

Best Answer

I had an Android update recently and my sync stopped working, so after trying all of the debug options including uninstalling the Fitbit app and resetting my device, I was able to get it to connect again and the firmware update went through. But then the sync (and any form of connection) stopped working again. So I ended up trying the whole routine again -- same result. At this point, the Sense is a watch. I'm thankful it isn't bricked like other users, but it would seem that the Android and/or the Fitbit update has seriously messed things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome, my Fitbit is updated. Thank you Guy_

Best Answer

Hello,

The same behavior for me. After a hard reset, my sense is stuck on fitbit logo.

Do you have a solution to solve this issue ?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Aleblos,

I got the below fix from Guy_, another Forum member. It worked for me.

• logout of the Fitbit App, for Android clear the storage cache and force stop it.
  • Remove watch Bluetooth entries from phone
  • Restart phone (and watch, if possible and not in the middle of updating)
  • Login to the app and then go to the phone home screen without closing the App
  • Click on the sync popup and wait for prompts

If that doesn't do it,  click profile photo, "+Set up a Device" and replace.

Best Answer

Hello Stims,

Thanks for this proposal but it will not work for my issue (Sense stuck on fitbit logo so not visible from any phones)

Please find details of my issue :

- Some hours after firmware upgrade, my watch was completely frozen (Dark screen - No vibration when I touch on buttons)

- Hard reset

- After the watch is stuck on fitbit logo.

I'm in this situation since yesterday evening

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @aleblos - have a look at this post which may deal with your case better. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-3/Versa-3-stuck-on-Fitbit-Logo/m-p/5195921/highlight/true#M355...

@Stims- thanks for the reference and helping.

Best Answer

The above steps finally worked for me after 2 days of no FitBit. 
Thank you all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue that stuck on Fitbit logo.

Consulted Fitbit support (@FitbitSupport) on twitter, they suggest to do a factory reset.

I followed the steps they gave and fixed my issue, below is step from them for your reference:

1) Don’t plug the Fitbit device into the charging cable.

2) Press and hold the button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off.

3) After the screen turns off, you'll feel a short vibration:

1) When you feel the vibration, release the button and immediately press and hold the button again.

2) Wait until the blue logo appears, then disappears:

1) Immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold it .again, until they feel a vibration.

2) After you feel the vibration, release the button.

*This vibration indicates you started the factory reset.

*After the Fitbit logo appears, the Fitbit device shows the image with the phone icon and setup indicator.

You can now set up your Fitbit device.

Best Answer
0 Votes