Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery drained, not recharging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Sense battery suddenly died. Had the watch off for 2.5 days. Had a 40-ish% charge when I put it back on Sunday AM. Charged it later that day. Saw the red battery symbol in the top of the face on Monday and by the time I was able to get to my charger it was dead. Charged it overnight-still no charge, just a faint “0%” symbol in a large battery icon when reattached to charging cord. Checked cords-exchanged with wife-same symbol only brighter. Left on charger overnight. Still at zero charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Uedriver - did you clean the 4 contact holes on the back of the watch properly? Also was there any firmware update? How do I clean my Fitbit device? 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Guy,

I believe I cleaned them correctly-used a q-tip lightly moistened with rubbing alcohol, removing dirt without soaking the Watch. The watch was on a different authentic charging cord overnight. Still, no charge, just the big icon of a battery with 0% displayed about 10-15 seconds after the cord is connected. Funny you should mention the update-it’s in my email which I found after the phone had died. Some more suggestions would be welcome. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

Did you check to see if any of the pins on the charger are pushed in? This seems to happen to many of the chargers. If one pin is down, it will not charge, the tracker needs to contact all 4 pins.. You can't get the pins to stick all the way up once they are down. I have replaced 6 chargers already in the 6 months I've had the sense, had to replace my ionic due to the recall. I have been so gentle with the chargers, but the pin system is so fragile. I got a charger that the trackers sits on a stand and this one has performed well so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Did the update. Now by device is totally dead. Heat felt through charger. Cleaned ports. Still dead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
  I switched chargers after finding my charger not up to par…used my wife’s and still no charge after leaving it on all night. But hers produced a brighter “Zero battery” icon which gives me a little more hope that it might simply be some moisture in the watch. I’m letting it dry in a zero humidity environment and will see if that fixes it.
Thanks!

Best regards,
KCR
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, possible solutions to the various problems.

1. Watch getting hot while charging - internal damage due to water inside
  2. Battery lasting less than 2 days - firmware issue or water inside, or feature overuse
  3. Watch showing 0% when on charge -  failed factory reset
  4. Watch not charging - dirty contacts, or faulty charge cable or power supply

For 4. see this link How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen 

Note: Charge cables are delicate, to avoid damage see this link, especially first one Main charging tips 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently it was #3 of the choices above. It’s under warranty so Customer Service is sending a replacement. Thank you, all!

Best Answer