Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Latest firmware looks like another well tested firmware brought to you by Fitbit. Since installing 44.128.4.17, which took 4 tries as it kept failing my device stopped measuring SpO2 telling me it is not installed. Now I have to figure out how to get SpO2 back on since I don't see it in the store.

The 4 firmware installs including the last attempt were all failures according to the device itself (red X midway through the install) but the app says after the last one tha I am up-to-date and have no option to start it again. The mysterious button press while not fully gone seems to happen less often. 

Suffice to say i am getting really frustrated with the quality of the firmware updates. Thank god i have until Jan 4th to return it to amazon and if this continues it is going back. I can't justify wasting 500$ for what looks like an untested prototype where paying customers are the QA.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue with spontaneously restarting of my Sense, I feel like I should probably add mine to the list.

Typically occurs 3-5 times per day, and often occurs after pressing the side button to activate the watch which seems to make it freeze and reboot itself.

The support chat told me to manual restart the watch...my watch then spontaneously rebooted itself about 10 minutes later. Same with after the factory reset. The watch has been updated to the version 44.128.4.17 firmware.

Mine was delivered/activated on oct 2, in the US.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been following and contributing to this thread for about 6 weeks. I think we can come to some simple conclusions. Some of us who purchased Sense devices early got faulty units that began spontaneously restarting very early on. In other words, we got lemons. We've gotten several firmware updates that have not fixed the problem. The only users who report a solution are those who received replacement units (many of those had purchased from Amazon, who has a "no questions asked" replacement policy for a certain period). Unfortunately for me, my return period (from Best Buy) has long passed. How do we convince Fitbit to replace our flawed devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dana789  I agree with everything you have said. It would be nice to know which country they are failing in. I got mine 25th September in the UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm in Estonia, Europe.

Ordered mine from Amazon Germany and it was delivered on 25. september 2020. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife bought her sense in Sweden at Netonnet. She returned it and got a new one that works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think this will give @Fitbit  and @LizzyFitbit a better Sense of what's going on.

Can we report when it was delivered, Country and if it's been returned with a replacement working OK now. 

@kalevs have you returned yours?

I will try to keep a count.

@Fitbit  I hope this is not against the rules, I'm just trying to help and don't wish for bad comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't returned the original one yet, as the restarts on mine has been once/twice a day. Also I didn't notice the issues with button. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased mine in the US, from Best Buy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All

Thanks for all the feedback on the thread here. From personal experience, I suggest contacting support via email (including your case number) and press for a replacement device. I strongly believe that actively following-up with support is the only course of action here.

I have not had any issues with the replacement device and it has been over 1 week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You must have a better way with words, I started my case on the 12 th November and still no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My original Sense was purchased from Amazon UK on 30 September 2020, this one suffered constant restarts.  My replacement was received from Amazon UK on 8 October 2020 and has been a reliable device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update on the replacement I received.

The watch has now started experiencing long press issues. Once last night and once this morning. This was confirmed by noticing the watch on the fitpay lock icon. This morning occurred while the watch was off wrist and sitting idle.

Firmware version:44.128.4.15

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've contacted support twice already. Yesterday I got the same nonsense response as the first time: Bla bla bla sorry, bla bla bla case being reviewed, bla bla bla someone will contact you. Really?! 🙄😡

Best Answer

Fun... So I got my sense on black Friday to move from my original versa... Did notice a random restart here and there, but it wasn't so bad. Then after the last update I noticed it was restarting 3-5 times a day. Tuesday I did a factory reset (which took forever to get back up and running) and no restarts for over 32 hours. I thought I was in the clear. Today I had 5 or 6 restarts during an 8 hour period. I noticed before the restart the sense is totally unresponsive. Screen won't wake, tapping does nothing, but pressing the button vibrates. Then it'll reboot. Considering the price, it should just work. My versa did just fine. Thanks to best buy's holiday return policy, I have until mid January, but it's an hour drive to the closest store for an exchange. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, small update... I opened a support ticket via Twitter this morning and 15 minutes ago I got a satisfaction survey since the ticket was closed.... With zero contact from fitbit support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same, several days later. I wrote back asking what they plan to do about my faulty watch. "My case is being reviewed".....(highly doubt it)

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's frustrating as they have it as.a display issue.... When it's not a display issue. Maybe I'll just take it back and exchange it. In its current state, it's unreliable. With 14 hours of dealing with support, I'm definitely let down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Affects me too,  it occurs when I tried to recharge my sense

Best Answer
0 Votes

and just my luck.... I can't find the box, so an in-store exchange is out the window. Now it's up to fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes