Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense increased the resting Heart Rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone noticed an increase in RHR and inconsistency in exercise heart rate? This has been for two plus weeks! 
Than you

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Irish57 Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Take into consideration that several factors can affect resting heart rate: stress, alcohol or caffeine intake, or fever usually raise resting heart rate, while regular exercise or meditation can lower it. Air temperature and certain medications can also affect resting heart rate.

Follow these tips to improve the accuracy of your heart-rate reading: 

• Wear your Fitbit device on top of your wrist, and make sure the back of the device is in contact with your skin.
  • When you’re not exercising, wear your device a finger’s width above your wrist bone.
  • During exercise, wear your device a bit tighter and higher for an improved fit. The band should be snug but not constricting (a tight band restricts blood flow, potentially affecting the heart-rate signal). Many exercises such as bike riding or weight lifting cause you to bend your wrist frequently, which could interfere with the heart-rate signal if the watch is lower on your wrist.

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the tips and comments!
I recheck how I’m wearing the Sense.
Best Answer

@Irish57 Thank you for getting back. 

I wanted to share the Fitbit Sense Product Manual with you, feel free to check it out and learn all about the features that are available in your smartwatch. 

Have a good week. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have that and utilize if frequently as the Sense is quite problematic!
Thank you though!
Best Answer