Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit dropping Deezer from its supported products

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Email received from Fit Bit today

We noticed you’ve used Pandora or Deezer within the past 6 months and wanted to share an important update. Pandora and Deezer will be removed as of March 31, 2023. This means you will no longer be able to download Pandora stations or add Deezer playlists to your device, nor will you be able to play anything that you have previously downloaded.

Must say that is dissapointing news. I've spent much time building up playlists on Deezer. Will now to switch to Spotify and cancel my Deezer membership.

What are people's thoughts on this ? Spotify any good?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77

@YojanaFitbit 

Please explain to the Fitbit community how this change in features is acceptable to users who bought these devices primarily because they had these features. Please point out in clear terms where we agreed when purchasing the device that features advertised can be later removed. 

Best Answer

At the very least from a Deezer perspective the bare minimum should be any playlists that have been downloaded should continue to work.

That might tempt me to stay a little longer.

Moderator Edit: Formatting / Word choice

Best Answer

@Podenco yes, I provided a tire removal philosophical argument in a post prior and to dust went the post. I guess a car radio analogy would be more fitting. My car still gets updates to my digital radio with A CASSETTE player for almost 20 years now.

(For those curious which cassettes, I keep the best of Hall & Oats, the best of Duran Duran, Depeche Mode's Music for the Masses, and Squeeze's Play in the car). But I barely play them because I listen to my Pandora playlists now.

Sure would be nice to do that when exercising, as advertised. 

Best Answer

Interesting that Deezer still advertises Fitbit support here .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear All,

I started and Idea on deezer community to get back the same service before. Feel free to upvote and comment it here: https://en.deezercommunity.com/ideas/the-same-deezer-service-on-fitbit-sense-2-76124

Sorry that I didn't involved all the smartwatches but I tried to fix it 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think we must all cancell our Fitbit premium account due to them dropping Deezer. I know I’m cancelling mine. If we all cancell Fitbit premium maybe they will realise how upset we are

Thank You
Tracy
Best Answer

That's why I talked with Deezer, maybe they can push Fitbit to continue the service! I told the that I unsubscribed from Deezer because of the cancellation of music storage on Fitbit watches as well. 😉

Best Answer

I canceled my premium the day they notified us about the removal. 

Best Answer

To be honest this pisses me off! I have stuck to fitbit since 2013 because I liked their products, enhancements, and didn't want to start all over with a new app.

I love having my watch for music. I don't want to take my phone to run. 

Best Answer

@ejeaton 

Exactly! I don't want my phone OR a smart watch, or anything. I want a "dump" health tracker that plays MY music, and tells me to slow down, so I don't die, or pick up the pace if I'm being lazy. I don't want calls, texts, reminders, anything. 

Best Answer

You need to cancell your Fitbit subscription as it’s Fitbit messing us around. I have cancelled mine

Best Answer

So frustrating! I bought the Sense instead of others because of the music functionality. How is it permissible for features to be removed after the fact? I understand not adding new ones, but this is an unacceptable way to treat customers.

Best Answer

I'm right there with you Zach. I got the email as well & have since tried taking my phone with me on my trail run....I found it annoying.  I sure will miss the convenience of having music on my wrist! 

I'm researching similar options.  Fingers crossed 🤞 

---------

Thank you for sharing this!  was hoping not to have to retire my fitbit (so soon)...but if a new watch is what it takes keep my music conveniently on my wrist, then new watch it is!

Best Answer

Only just got the email notification from Deezer. I got nothing from Fitbit. I have had a Fitbit device for about 10 years. I'm now looking for the replacement that can play music while I run without my phone.

Thanks for the support.

Best Answer

Hi @KamHaider  - if you look at Garmin be sure to check the Venu 2 Plus which has all music options and a good speaker, useful for Google Assistant etc. and best display.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Most probably the next move for Spotify too on your fitbit watch that is 200€ less than than their own google watch product.

Hi guy,

Thank you for the advice. I am actively looking for another smartwatch brand that allows music downloads and respects the client durably.

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I truly hate the idea of getting a new watch, I prefer going through the hassle of connecting it to other devices such as my scale and MyFitnessPal. Better that than reconstructing my playlists that I love. Sorry Fitbit, but you just lost another customer

Best Answer
0 Votes

I picked the versa 3 for the music feature, wish I picked a Garmin too now. 

Best Answer

It's not Deezer, it's Fitbit itself.

Fitbit ever since being acquired by Google has worked with Google to create a Pixel Watch! Now unfortunately ever since that got launched they realized that they need more sales and why not push people over the edge by removing music from the device! You now cannot store music offline nor can you use deezer or pandora saved to your device. And do you think they care? No, not at all. This is Google now. Their main plan is to make the Pixel Watch the only smartwatch that they make and things like trackers that Google doesn't care about where Fitbit can fill that void. It's sad to say this, but its the beginning of the end for Fitbit.

Best Answer
i kinda suspected this was going to happen when Google bought Fitbit. Not buying a Google watch, saying hello to Apple or Garmin!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes