Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap between display and edge on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi 🙂

Do any of you have the problem that there is a kind of gap at the edge of the display? It looks like it is not perfectly finished. I already got a replacement watch (from Amazon), here again exactly the same problem. 

Do I have bad luck two times in a row or is that maybe normal?

This is how it looks like: 

20201002_201521.jpg

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @Lola123. Welcome to the Forums 😊

Are you talking about the portion within the yellow box that I added to your picture?

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 9.23.40 AM.jpg

If so, yes, that's normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the answer! I actually mean the gap between the display and the case. I attached a better picture of it. It looks like a gap along the whole left side 

Screenshot_20201003-183544_Gallery.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's still a little hard to tell from the photo, but that doesn't look right.

Best Answer

I have a very similar thing (purchased from Fitbit), except mine is on the top of the Sense. It is not bad whatsoever, but after seeing your post I cannot un-see the gap on mine. It lets dust build up - maybe this is normal? The stainless steel is definitely not flush with the glass all the way around.

Best Answer

Are you going to reach out to fitbit support? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I wrote to the support, they told me that it doesn't look normal and I should contact Amazon again. I got a replacement again, it looked even worse than before. That's why I thought I'd ask in the community if it looks like this on someone elses watch.
But I will contact Amazon again, because the watch is not available at Fitbit at the moment. 

Do you want to share some Photos of your watch @Witty_username ?

Best Answer

20201004_155625.jpg

Best Answer

My issue may not be as bad as yours - what do you think?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that would have bothered me less, seems to be made better than mine. Thanks for sharing!

I don't know if I am too careful, but for the price I think you can expect that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! I'm sorry you had that issue. Just can't stop seeing this  now 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to check in and see how your new replacement looks compared to your previous ones? I am still waiting to hear back from Fitbit support...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for asking 😊

After these two replacement watches I ordered 3 more, all three looked either the same or even worse. Now I kept one of them, which looks best and I just hope that there will be no issues with this watch later.. maybe someday Fitbit will place a statement about this concern..

Best Answer
0 Votes

20201014_172652.jpg

This how it looks right now, just a super small gap on the right side (urgh, once left, now right..)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I got a sense yesterday. Mine too has a tiny gap on the left side. I am not sure if this is natural or something else. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I also (still) do not know. But it has so far fortunately had no effect on the functions of the clock, so I live with it 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah. 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you on the Fitbit app community? Let’s connect there. Rohit Malkud

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my fitbit sense in May, and before a month of use I noticed this gap between the screen and the EKG sensor, to my misfortune I bought it on tour in the USA and I live in Brazil and here we don't have support. But I got in touch with fitbit and they sent me a new part and they didn't ask for the old one back, they sent it to Miami and asked a friend to send it to me in Brazil.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I also have a gap going right the way round the display. The outer edge of the watch body sits ever so slightly higher than the screen. The screen is set into the watch body instead if flush with it 

Best Answer
0 Votes