Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use the ECG app on Sense and see the data?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's great to see that ECG is finally available to use. It is on my watch, and I've tried it out. The instructions says to open your heart rhythm assessment in the Fitbit app to view your results, learn more and download a report to share with your doctor. Only snag is, where is the Heart Rhythm Assessment in the Fitbit app? Does anyone know where to find it, please?

Thanks folks. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JerryIonic - I’m happy to help. To find the report, Open the Fitbit app on your phone.

• Tap Discover at the bottom of the screen.
  • Scroll down to Assessments & Reports.
  • Then swift to Heart Rhythm Assessment.

I’ve found you have to give it several minutes after you do the ECG. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

It is in Discover tab, under Assessment & Reports.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi @JerryIonic - I’m happy to help. To find the report, Open the Fitbit app on your phone.

• Tap Discover at the bottom of the screen.
  • Scroll down to Assessments & Reports.
  • Then swift to Heart Rhythm Assessment.

I’ve found you have to give it several minutes after you do the ECG. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Best Answer

My question: Can you see the ECG readout on screen in the Fitbit app without downloading a PDF report?  

Best Answer

I can't see it there and neither is it downloading. .

Best Answer

Thank you, Carol. All is good, except that it would be nice if there was a dedication location on the app dashboard without going through Discover etc. Hopefully Fitbit will get enough customer feedback to make that change. Considering I have heart issues, I'm glad I got a normal reading. 🙂

Best Answer

Hi, No chance have to share or download report to view the single page PDF.  best to share it to  your own email or gmail address.

Best Answer

@TheNightSkyGuy No, you can't. You can only read the narrative report.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, this is a huge disappointment! What good is it if you have to wait up to two hours for the report and then can't even see it on your screen? I had been torn between buying the Versa 3 and saving $100, and then also buying the Kardia Mobile device for the ECG.  My husband has the Kardia Mobile, and you get an instant reading right on the screen in front of you--no waiting, no downloading a PDF. The other thing I was counting on was the SpO2 monitor. That's another useless feature on the Sense. It only shows you the results after waiting a couple of hours after you wake up. You can't check your O2Sat throughout the day. What really galls me, though, is that I also had to buy a new phone in order to even use the Sense because Fitbit products can no longer be set up through Windows, and my phone didn't have a high enough level of Android. So all in all I spent close to $1,000 for a pedometer and heart rate monitor that usually is not accurate, and overstates my heart rate.

Jean
Best Answer

Jean, I have to agree with you. I'm somewhat disappointed with the fact I can't see my ECG without sending it to an email address or a text message to someone. Doesn't make sense. I was hoping that there would be a location on the dashboard of the Fitbit app like what you see for your heart rate etc. Waiting for it to arrive as a notification, then send it as a PDF file to an email address, then open the email to view the PDF file. One should be able to view it on the dashboard of the Fitbit app first, then decide from there what you wish to do with the results. The same also for Sp02, and why only have the watch measure your Sp02 during sleep. Fitbit is going to have to sort this out soon, or I may be forced to send it back. Everything else about the watch I like. 

Best Answer

Yes, but should be able to view the graph, then send to whomever you so desire. This is not sense, but nonsense!! 

Best Answer
I agree 100%
Best Answer

Perhaps then our collective ask as a community is to have the ECG tracing readout directly visible in the Fitbit app as a separate ECG tile or within the health metrics tile.

@LizzyFitbit @Fitbit  @LanuzaFitbit @KateFitbit   Could we move this to the Features Suggestions section and vote ?

Best Answer

On an IPhone, you can open with Notes and see it in the Note pad without having to email it.    Hope this helps someone.   

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's nice to see you participating in the forums and welcome to our new members.

I'm glad you've tried the ECG app available on the Sense and thanks for sharing your feedback about this feature. I understand where you're coming from and how helpful it'd be to check this data right on the Fitbit app. While this isn't possible, as @TheNightSkyGuy mentioned, you can share this idea in the Feature Suggestions board so other members can vote for it. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. 

We're always striving to bring new features and enhance your experience with our products, so be sure that your feedback will never go unnoticed.

@JohnnyRow, @SunsetRunner and @JohnC, thanks for stopping by to help other members. Your posts are very helpful!

Hope to see you there soon!

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit. It's nice to see you participating in the forums and for welcoming our new members.

I'm glad you've read our complaints about the ECG app available on the Sense and thanks for sharing your feedback about this feature. I understand  you're essentially posting from a script, but it would be nice if Fitbit acknowledged the huge disappointment with the ECG app from the community. While we can share this idea in the Feature Suggestions board so other members can vote for it, we really shouldn't have to when this is such an obvious shortcoming in your too quick to market smartwatch that should've been fixed within days of its release.

We're always hoping that Fitbit would get it, but they just seem to turn a blind eye to our feedback or barely notice it.

@LizzyFitbit thanks for stopping by and occasionally helping the members. Your posts are sometimes helpful!

Hope to see Fitbit get their act together soon!

Best Answer

Hi @mjdmaine. It's good to see you here.

Thanks for your through feedback about the Sense and the ECG app. Currently the Fitbit app will allow you to see your previous results and to export a PDF file. Our team designed it this way so you could have an easiest way to see these results and show them to your doctor or healthcare provider. I understand why you'd prefer to see the whole ECG graph on the Fitbit app instead of export it and as mentioned above, I'd encourage you to post this idea in the Feature Suggestions board so you can get the attention of our developers. Fitbit has been implementing new features based on our members feedback, and yours won't be the exception.

See you around.

Best Answer

It took me awhile to figure out how to get the ECG App. I went a circuitous route and finally found out there was something called a Fitbit App Gallery. I just stumbled upon this fact and it was challenging to find. There are no steps or instructions anywhere on the fitbit site itself for this that I found anyway. Then I had to click an "Update" (not "Install") button which made the app appear on my Sense device.

Great! I now have this app installed for ECG which is the whole reason I spent $250 on this thing. Then after running an ECG for 30 seconds, I get to very brief paragraphs summarizing the information. No data. No graph. Wth?! I know this isn't intended as any official diagnosis but, seriously, if this thing is going to collect data from me at least show me the data in some useful form and in detail! Or does it actually do this and the feature is hidden somehow?

Best Answer

Well sorry about that, I just realized there is a chart. Just buried in a PDF report. Not exactly what I expected in 2021, but it's a chart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree, We’ve all been duped ! 😞

Best Answer