Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP68 is not the same as waterproof

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have seen several posts where the Sense has stopped working after being exposed to water. We also have the issue with the screen detaching from the case, in my case twice, and I have never exposed my devices to water,

According to both commercials, and Fitbit website Sense is waterproof to 50 meters. In device settings I find an IP rating 68. The Ing...

8 as in IP68 = "Can be submerged to 1,5 meters for up to 30 minutes"

Can anyone explain why it is said to be waterproof?

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Can anyone explain why it is said to be waterproof?

I have only seen Fitbit state “water resistant up to 50 meters” not waterproof. Correct me if I am wrong.

IP68 rating implies that the rated device is rated for Ingress-protection of 68. This implies the device or the smart watch that is IP68 rated is water resistant, but not water proof.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

@Clove6060 , øøhhh - a) the pressure at 50 meter below the water surface is very high b) water resistant down to 50 meters does not make ane sense (pun not intended). Why anyone would wear their Sense down to 50m is another matter . but irrelevant.

Best Answer

@LokeAa 

I hear you. I do not swim or shower with mine on. After reading all the posts, seeing how it is constructed, and knowing the seal degrades over time, I don’t let my sense get wet. I also don’t pay much attention to stated manufacturer claims.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clove6060, could not agree more when it comes to getting the Sense wet. When i unboxed the first one I could not understand how it could keep water out. I like to swim, but without my Sense. 

Best Answer

15 months since I got my Sense. I wash it with running water and bare hands once every two days in average. No problem so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im not sure if this helps, but I swim in my versa 3 everyday for 2 hours. There is also and swimming mode on the versa 3, so I would assume its waterproof.

Best Answer