Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Sense too big for a small wrist?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my Charge has just died so I am thinking of upgrading to a Sense. However, I have tiny wrists (13cm in circumference) so I am worried it will look ridiculous. The charge 3 is OK size wise. I have tried to figure out what the sense might look like by cutting out something of the same dimensions (no shops open at the moment due to covid so no options to check it out before buying and I run so I need a watch asap). I was wondering if there are any other small wristed people out there who have the Sense and whether it fits them OK? Many thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Quick update....I decided to go for the Versa despite my wrist being smaller than the sizing. Having done some research, it is one of the smaller smart watches around. I think I can just about get away with it and it helps that the wrist band tucks back inside the strap. I actually think it looks better on me than the charge 3 which seemed to stand out more with its sharper edges. So far, so good and a bonus is that the GPS seems more accurate than the charge 3/phone app combination based on my first run today.

20210306_203420.jpg

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@Al82   I think the Sense might be too big for your wrist.  You say 13 cm in diameter, but I think you mean circumference.  The sizing guide seems to be the same for both the Charge 3 and the Sense.  But the Sense size range gives the smallest size as 14 cm circumference.  So you are beyond the recommended range for both devices.

Here are the pebble size comparisons:

These are the Charge 4 pebble dimensions, but it is the same size as the Charge 3, only thicker:  35.6 mm x 22.8 mm.

The Sense pebble is 40.5 mm x 40.5 mm.  

My wrist is 15 cm, which looks OK.  I have a feeling that the Sense will be too big on your wrist.  I want to point out that the Charge 4 might not be a great option, either.  Even though the pebble length and width are the same as the Charge 3, it is thicker to accommodate the built in GPS.  It left a dent in my wrist and I cannot wear it.

Check out my photo in this thread. The Sense is just about, maybe a little bit larger than the Versa 2, the device with the blue band.  The device with the peach band is an original Versa.

Out of interest, which hole do you use when you wear your Charge 3?  I wore my Charge 3, Versa and Versa 2 in the fourth hole from the device edge.

I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi, that is really helpful and you're correct, I did mean circumference rather than diameter (now edited in original post). I wear my Charge 3 on the penultimate hole. I could put it on the tightest but I feel like it puts too much pressure on the points where the strap joins the device. Thank you for your assistance.

Best Answer

Quick update....I decided to go for the Versa despite my wrist being smaller than the sizing. Having done some research, it is one of the smaller smart watches around. I think I can just about get away with it and it helps that the wrist band tucks back inside the strap. I actually think it looks better on me than the charge 3 which seemed to stand out more with its sharper edges. So far, so good and a bonus is that the GPS seems more accurate than the charge 3/phone app combination based on my first run today.

20210306_203420.jpg

Best Answer

For what it’s worth, my granddaughters (ages 19 and 22) tell me a watch can’t be too big. It’s how they wear them. 

Best Answer

@Al82   I think it looks fine.  Not too big at all.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer