Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Fitbit email about the Sense real?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

"Hi,

This is Fitbit Customer Support. Thanks for your purchase of Fitbit Sense.

We identified a hardware issue with your device that could affect its ability to work properly. Please return the device to us. We’ll provide you with a prepaid return label.

To ensure the best possible Fitbit experience, we’re providing you with a replacement free of charge. Please keep all original accessories, such as your charging cable and band. You’ll receive a replacement device only.

After we receive your shipping details, you’ll receive an email message with the next steps for your replacement and then we’ll expedite a new Fitbit Sense to you.

Reply to this email message and provide us with the following information:
- Full name:
- Street address (line 1):
- Street address (line 2):
- City:
- Postal code:
- Phone number:
- Email address associated with your Fitbit account:

If you have any questions, please reply to this email message or visit: help.fitbit.com

Sincerely,

Joseph RL. and the Fitbit Team

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends."

Tried to ask from chat is this legit email from Fitbit but no respons now. Anyone else got email like this? I bought mine about week ago and it has worked quite well.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Not good. If I was you, I'd exchange it directly with Amazon, so you don't have to risk getting a refurbished replacement Sense for your $280+. Not sure if Fitbit sends out refurbished replacements, but I'd want to make sure I got a non-refurb.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no prob with mine at all (luckily). Not sure I should go ahead and do the exchange...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine for $260 that day and I can see the price went back to $280, hehe! It was a great deal for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the Forums. @13Odyssey, thanks for the heads up!

@Mustis1@NicPaul@CM2020@yojacko and @Nicolas1988, thanks for sharing detailed information about the email you've received. I understand your concern and I went ahead to contact our Support team. I was told this email is legit and it was sent to you because of some hardware issues detected on your Sense. While I don't have access to your case, my best advice is to reply back to their email so they can continue helping you and providing with more details about your watch.

For the ones that are having issues with your Sense, in order to keep the Community organized and to avoid misunderstandings, I'd recommend to open a new thread and provide as many details as you can about your question to receive help from the Community.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

Thanks Lizzy but I can't be bothered with this. I have just requested a return with Amazon and I will be getting a brand new one this Tuesday. Also, I am getting a free UPS pickup for the return. You just can't beat Amazon. Lets just hope this brand new one is trouble free!😀😉

Best Answer
If you got a watch with nothing wrong with it I'd keep it. You're in the minority. Lol

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
BW
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the misunderstandings come from fitbit not providing any information whats going on. If you would share the issue and serial numbers affected there would be no confusion.

Stephan

Best Answer

Transparency would go a long way, and that includes folks in customer support on the phone actually knowing the products and issues instead of just reading from the limited script they’re given.

Best Answer

I bought my Sense directly from Fitbit but haven't received this email. Does this mean that the watch I got was one that wasn't affected by this issue? I must admit mine has been pretty trouble-free so far as I can tell although I'm not much of a "power-user".

Best Answer
0 Votes

And "brand-new".

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased mine directly from Fitbit as well and I received this email. I purchased mine on pre-order, but someone else said they have only had theirs about a week, so that means it's not isolated to a certain "batch". I replied to the email and received more info, but it said it could take 10 business days to have a replacement on the way. Not happy about that, but what do we do? 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I may, I’d like to offer a tip on how to help identify spam email. This works on my iPhone. Perhaps someone on an Android can let us know how/if it works there?  Anyway, When I receive a suspicious email, I tap on the sender name. That reveals the full email address of who sent it. In my example  below, the sender was really Fitbit.com. But kudos to those who checked here first! It’s always best to be careful. 

484A5148-DBFD-405B-8DEF-7838E85D8FFE.jpeg

Best Answer
I have no idea. I am not getting any response from Fitbit. I definitely am
not sending in a $400 device without a replacement
Best Answer

Like many other people, I received an email last week about sending back my Fitbit Sense for a replacement because of a mysterious "hardware issue" that looked fairly phishy. I can see that other people have reached out via Twitter, and a moderator has confirmed that the emails are legit, but I am only more confused after my personal investigation.

I contacted Fitbit chat support last week and was told that the email was sent by Fitbit, but they could not give me more information about it. They said they would have a specialized team reach out to me (via email, for all the good that would do), but I haven't gotten anything yet.

After a week passed with no response, I got antsy and called the Fitbit phone support. The person I spoke to told me that Fitbit did NOT send these emails and that I should not send my device anywhere unless it has a problem and at that point I should use the Fitbit help page directly.

My question is: how can I verify if there even is a recall for Fitbit Sense? I cannot find any information about a Fitbit Sense issue on their website. The emails appear to be from Fitbit, but emails can easily be spoofed. If Fitbit's support gives me two different answers within a week and cannot offer any details about what the hardware issue IS or what kind of issues I should look for, how can I determine if I even need to send my device in?

For what it's worth, it appears to be working perfectly fine. I did have a strange font-rendering problem a few weeks back, but a restart of the device fixed it right up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's nice to see you around.

Thanks for your continued reports and suggestions about this situation. While I understand your concern, please let me clarify that this email isn't directed to watches that were purchased only from our Fitbit store, by date or location. As mentioned above, our team identified an issue with a few Sense devices and to prevent you from having more issues, they reached out to the affected members to provide them with a replacement. If you already have a case created, please keep an open communication with them so you can receive more details about their resolution. Due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

For the ones that didn't receive an email, if you have issues with your watch you can always post your question in the Sense board or get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. 

@alyste, I've moved your post to this thread to keep our forums organized. I understand how you're feeling about the information you've received and I apologize for the confusion this caused. I'll pass along your feedback so this doesn't go unnoticed. I've also got in touch with our team on your behalf and after forwarding your comments, I could confirm that the email is legit. Because your case is in their hands, my best recommendation is to keep an open communication with them.

See you around.

Best Answer

Dont get me wrong here but again there no information in this post. I dont understand why it is so hard to say what the issue is and what serial numbers are affected. This really feels like fitbit does not want to deal with this issue and only sends out some emails to certain customers in the US.

Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit,

Thank you for your follow ups. My Fitbit Sense sometimes tracks sleep normally and sometimes it doesn’t. At one point I started a return process but then it started to track sleep again that’s why never returned it but then issue reappeared. I have stopped using it altogether now and turned it off because of this issue. Deleted the Fitbit app from my phone. Is it possible my Sense has hardware issue too but it wasn’t detected because I have shut it down since for about week now & probably that’s why I didn’t receive the email? Will you please assist me to get my watch checked by the technicians?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @forthewatch - It would be best for you to contact Support directly to follow up with this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like Fitbit does not talk to their customer about issues but apparently they talk The Verge

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/4/22152346/fitbit-sense-electrocardiogram-ecg-reading-hardware-issu...

Best Answer

Yeah,  I had been thinking about replacing my Versa 2 with the Sense, but now based on the Verge and Gizmodo articles, I think I may try the Versa 3 instead. There isn't going to be any way to know if you're getting a "good" Sense or a "bad" Sense at this point. I'm just glad that the hardware issue is with the ECG piece, which is not on the Versa 3. If there's a "Sense 2" next year, I'll probably try that.

Best Answer
0 Votes