Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large wrist, too tight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Sense and as expected, it is too tight. I cannot move it in any direction at all. Yes, I am using the larger band. How do I fix this? I expected this problem in advance so I asked on the chat, but they only recommended me to suggest a feature, which won't help because it is too tight now. Since Fitbit doesn't offer an XL band, I figured I'd need a 3rd party one. I searched and apparently since the Sense is new, I couldn't find any. So, I asked on the chat what other Fitbit had compatible bands so I could search for one of those. Instead of getting help, I was advised not to purchase from 3rd parties. So,  either I get help with making the band larger in some way or I send it back. Thanks. 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Ontohum  which band did you get? If you need just a bit more to be comfortable, is it possible to put a band expander on it - if it's the band like a traditional watch, it should work. Just did a quick look on Amazon and using "watch band extender" there are quite a few, which might work, but you'd need to measure and see which ones would match size wise.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

My question is simply: is the Sense band identical to the other bands? If so, then getting an extender or larger band is easy. I just didn't want to order something and then find out they made a different type of band for the Sense that isn't compatible. Thanks again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ontohum   The Sense and the Versa 3 come with a new style band that Fitbit calls an infinity band.  I haven't seen any band extenders for this style on Amazon.  I looked in the hope that I could help other users.  It seems like when Fitbit stopped selling XL bands, third-party sellers seemed to stop making them too.  A metal mesh band like this one does fit up to a 9" wrist in the large size.

There is no point to starting a feature suggestion.  I don't think Fitbit will ever supply XL bands again.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I may have found something for you, @Ontohum . This long strap fits 7.5~13 inches.It’s meant to help folks place the Sense at the ankle. But it should work for your wrist. 

Best Answer

get the sports band when I got my watch at Costco it came with two bands one solid one the original band and a sports band black and white lots of little holes to make it breathable I guess? but regardless it has the normal watch buckle on it so you could expand the band out to it furthest range and still lock it in if your arms bigger then that I would have to say you have arms like the strongmen who go for strongmen titles you might just have to pay for a custom band to be made for you lol. I also seen one guy in her post a 3rd party band that is elastic like  idk anyway other then that to explain it.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner   Your link doesn't open.  Maybe this is the same one?   Maybe not.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good catch, @LZeeW . Thanks! While looking for what I should have linked to, I found this one. It fits up to 9.3” wrist. Here is what I was trying to link to. Yours is different but could be a good option. All three of these links offer 2 or 3 day delivery, which is important to me. I’ve literally had a couple orders take weeks to arrive ... on a slow boat from China. I was not happy with the quality and it was too hare to try to return them. Keeping to quick delivery, if I was not happy, it was easy to return them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes