Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myki (Melbourne transit ) on FitBit Pay

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased my Sense to use for Contactless / PayWave / Tap 'n Go payments. Call them what you wish. Have just discovered that FitBit Pay will not accept Myki. (Myki is the payments card for the Melbourne Australia mass transit system (trains, trams & buses).  I have Mastercard, Visa and Myki on my Android phone within Google Pay but apparently Myki is a no go.  Our transit system will not accept Visa, Mastercard etc, only Myki.

Truly frustrated, will return the FitBit as I purchased it yesterday but it is not fit for purpose.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Have you contacted Myki @Graham99 it will be up to them to add fitbit pay. The process will be the same as it was for adding Myki to Google Pay. 

Note: no one is sure but many feel that now that Google owns fitbit, Google pay may be coming in the future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your perspective but it is hard to see why Myki would make the effort unless there is overwhelming public requests. After all, there is only one train/tram/bus system and if you want to use it you have to use a physical Myki card or a Myki card on an Android phone.  IMHO FitBit has more to gain than Myki.

Best Answer

That might be @Graham99 but it is impossible for Fitbit to go into the Myki computers to add fitbit. This is something that Myki will have to do, since it has to be setup on their system. 

Best Answer
0 Votes