Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications are not coming through my Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently, I have been unable to get any notifications on my Sense. I read the previous posts, restarted the phone, re-installed the app, checked everything and still nothing.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If your device is within Fitbits specifications and you can still get the app from the play store, and you were effected by that last app update. Don't touch the Sense, remove the Fitbit app on your device, remove the Bluetooth settings, reinstall app. You shouldn't have to re-setup the device, just log back into your account and attempt sync, it should ask for permissions, goto notifications and it should ask for permission, once allowed notifications should work. This has worked for some, not all. 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi @FrankJr - if you changed nothing and checked that neither Sleep nor Do not Disturb are enabled in Quick Settings, this problem seems to be a bug in the latest Fitbit App.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @FrankJr. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Sense before reaching out. 

As a first approach, please check what @Guy_ has recommended. 

If the above doesn't describe your issue, may I know if you're getting any error message on the Fitbit app about the notifications not working? If so, what does the message say?

If you're getting this error message “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”, please note that we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

If you're an Android user, I'd like to provide the following steps that actually work for Huawei users, nonetheless they might also work on other Android devices, so please try the following:

1. On your phone, open the Settings app > Apps and notifications > Apps.
  2. Tap Fitbit > Battery.
  3. Turn off the Power-intensive prompt option.
  4. Tap Launch.
  5. Turn off the Manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options.
  6. Tap OK.

Note that you may see a message on your phone related to power consumption and apps scanning in the background. If you follow the steps in this message, the Fitbit app can’t run in the background and certain features may not work properly. Repeat the steps above to enable the Fitbit app to run in the background.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did EVERYTHING I was told to do, and STILL nothing. I like the watch, but it is garbage

Best Answer

@FrankJr I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. I've seen you tried reaching out to our Customer Support, but your chats are getting disconnected. However, please note the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem. I have a Samsung S20 and don't get any text or other app notifications. Calling still works. I get an error that says can't connect to Sense Controls. I have done everything that I have seen listed, uninstalling/reinstalling, resetting bluetooth, rebooting both devices... nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LesliL- it would seem the bug in the latest Fitbit App is causing problems with getting notifications and needs correcting, as you can see in other posts in the forums..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I saw that I was just adding the error I'm receiving. I hadn't seen anyone list this error specifically but I also didn't read every single post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My notifications stopped at the beginning of last week. Since then I have noticed other apps installed on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ are not functioning properly despite having all the permissions to do so. I get error messages similar to those mentioned here, regardless if it is the Fitbit app or a grocery app. I am beginning to wonder if this might be related to all the carriers pushing for the Ultra 5G. I am relating this to a similar scenario regarding computers. When they upgrade the operating system, suddenly the software you have installed doesn't functions as well because it is not up to date to run on the newer version system. After all what is a smartphone but a mobile computer. Possibly everyone is scrambling to get their apps up to date to run on the new wireless platform, and not wishing anyone to know they are behind. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the exact same issue.   I've restarted my sense.   Force stopped my app.  Restarted my phone.   Made sure the notification settings are correct  and factory reset my sense.  Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There

I have a Sense and I have been having the same problem for several days now, have tried everything to reset, re install and still no notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think there is any thing we can do but wait and see. Considering the fact that Verizon notified me that my house unit has to be replaced by the end of December makes me wonder if they are scrambling to patch any problems they are experiencing as they push this new wireless platform through. It is very inconvenient not seeing the notifications, especially when the smartphone is on "do not disturb".

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your device is within Fitbits specifications and you can still get the app from the play store, and you were effected by that last app update. Don't touch the Sense, remove the Fitbit app on your device, remove the Bluetooth settings, reinstall app. You shouldn't have to re-setup the device, just log back into your account and attempt sync, it should ask for permissions, goto notifications and it should ask for permission, once allowed notifications should work. This has worked for some, not all. 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

This worked for me! I tried everything else. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

IT worked for me too! Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh my gosh this worked for me too! Thank you so much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope did not work for me.. not worked from the beginning 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Petejack - it would seem from the good feedback of people in the forums that being able to install the Fitbit App 3.65 version can resolve the not getting notifications problem in the previous release.

Best Answer
0 Votes