Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen detached from Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had their glass come away from their watch??  I woke up this morning I had a couple of messages and notifications on my watch and then when I got out of bed the front just fell away from the body.  I have had my Sense since 2020.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi, @TheVole, welcome, I recommend you talk to "Customer Support" using the Chat facility or phone for a prompt response. I hope this herlps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just replied to a post under the heading "watch glass" posted approx 2 hrs ago.

Experienced the screen detaching while driving.  Still functions as the connection to the back of the screen is still in place.

Unlike Gr4ndp4 I do not hold out much hope for satisfaction with Customer Support, but if you do succeed in getting a solution please post it.  Fitbit does not seem to like sharing info on issues with the broader user community.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No support just given a coupon code for a discount, customer care is pretty much zero from Fitbit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Always wonder why a coupon code that is less than the normal retail sale prices is seen as a beneficial response by Fitbit..

Best Answer
0 Votes
To entice you to order a new one! It costs them nothing to give you a
coupon and they feel that it's better than giving nothing. I wish I could
get the fitbit app on Apple, I would much prefer to go back to my old Apple
watch but I like the fitbit app. I have had a fitbit since 2009 and found
the company service to be absolutely terrible. They have no customer
loyalty at all, maybe that is just a Google thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only doesn't cost them anything they make profit from a new sale which adds to total number of units sold - a number which can be included in promoting how well they do.  On a different forum a user provided his solution, which was to scrape off the remaining sealant/gasket and use a small amount of Permatex Clear RTV silicone sealant.   He claims good success and posted follow ups on the durability of the repair.

People would have to be comfortable with doing something like this, but with a few toothpicks and patience it should be a fairly straightforward repair.  My Screen is hanging to the watch by the smallest little bit of gasket on the side where the wire harness connects to the screen back.  Cutting the gasket with an exactor blade and then scraping carefully to make sure the failed gasket pieces fall outside the machine looks very doable.  Then squeezing the sealant on to a piece of cardboard and dipping a toothpick in toothpick up small amounts to spread on the case edge where the screen edge sits and the back of the screen is easier than repairing most objects.  I'll need to pay attention to where the current failed gasket is sitting to know where the new sealant goes but thankfully my cell phone camera acts as my memory most days.  The watch is useless as is so the risk is small.

Its either that or using some clear tape along the corners and giving up on the idea that it is water resistant.

Best Answer
I have ordered a new one now, the watch was working yesterday but has now
given up the ghost. I was hoping to hang on until there was a new upgraded
watch but I think that wont be until September or October. By then the
coupon will have expired.
Best Answer
0 Votes

doesn't really inspire confidence in Fitbit or their customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So true.
Best Answer
0 Votes

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Sense-Screen-just-fell-off/m-p/5111481/highlight/true#M47501

It’s common. And the warranty sucks. Fix it yourself with above how to, or go buy a new one. (fixed mine a while ago and no issues)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately it now seems to have stopped working, I ordered a new one.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told it was out of warranty and nothing they could do, they sent me a 35% off coupon for a new purchase!  I did use this as I really like the app, but their customer service and their warranty are really poor.  Somebody did post a do it yourself repair but my watch stopped working soon after the screen fell off.

Good luck with yours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did and not very helpful

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea mines did this 2me this morning, I’ve had it since 2021 and been a loyal Fitbit user since 2017 but customer service told me my sense was outside of the warranty and just **ahem** me basically. Normally they aren’t like this but I guess since the pandemic the good reps are gone replaced by bots

Best Answer

Yes. It's trashed. Don't know why

Best Answer
0 Votes