Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense ECG app is not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am in Canada. ECG app was just released few days ago and I was so excited to try it. But I couldn't figure out why it does not work. App keeps saying "Set up on Phone, open your Fitbit app and go to the Discover tab. Find Assessments & Reports." then click GOT IT. 

I have been doing this "open your Fitbit app and go to the Discover tab. Find Assessments & Reports" many times, but every time I open the app in my watch, it keeps asking me to set up on Phone.

What else do I need to do to make it work?

Now when I go to Find Assessments & Reports >Check your ECG Health and Rhythm Assessment, it indicates that I haven't taken the assessment yet. How can I take the assessment if my device doesn't work :'(

Please help T_T

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like you're stuck in some kind of setup loop.

You might want to try resetting you watch and removing and reinstalling FitBit on your phone.

Let us know if that fixes it!

Ray | Michigan - USA

Pixel Watch, Aria, Pixel 7 Pro, PC

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

It sounds like you're stuck in some kind of setup loop.

You might want to try resetting you watch and removing and reinstalling FitBit on your phone.

Let us know if that fixes it!

Ray | Michigan - USA

Pixel Watch, Aria, Pixel 7 Pro, PC

Best Answer

Thank you, Ray! It worked! After resetting everything and installed again as if it was a new device and now it is working properly! I am so happy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in Canada. I’m experiencing the exact same problem you describe!  

Best Answer

I’m in Canada too and having exact same problem you describe. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi DonRW. After resetting and installed everything again, it works perfectly. 

Hopefully it will fix yours too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but doesn’t a reset wipe out everything on your watch? When you say reset do you mean a reset to factory settings?

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes. Go to setting on your watch then you will see "About Sense" click that and you will see at the end Factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's okay to factory reset your watch. As long as all your stats were sync on your profile. You will just have to install again on your Fitbit account like it was new. I know it is kinda annoying to set up everything again but it solved my problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But how do all your original settings get back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did set it up manually again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you do not need to factory reset. Just uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone. You will not lose all your data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Already uninstalled and installed it again but the behaviour is still the same. Does anyone have any other tips?

Best Answer

Restarting my Phone and the Sense worked for me without resetting anything

Best Answer
Thanks
Best Answer

Hi ftalita.

For some sense user, they did not have to reset their watch, however that did not work for me as well. It only worked after resetting my watch. Maybe you can try to factory reset your watch as well.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone. It worked after multiple attempts of turning the phone on
and off and uninstalling and installing back.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this a solution?!

Best Answer
Do a restart
Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of you who have done a factory reset and still do not see the ECG app when you swipe left on your sense, this may help you. In the Fitbit app on your phone open your profile and find the Sense icon and click on that. Then click on apps. Look for the ECG app in your list of apps. There may be a pink button to the right stating update. Click on update. Scroll down for ECG again and watch it until the app is updated. Now you should see the ECG icon when you swipe left on your sense watch screen. This is what work for me

Best Answer