Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense ECG app is not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am in Canada. ECG app was just released few days ago and I was so excited to try it. But I couldn't figure out why it does not work. App keeps saying "Set up on Phone, open your Fitbit app and go to the Discover tab. Find Assessments & Reports." then click GOT IT. 

I have been doing this "open your Fitbit app and go to the Discover tab. Find Assessments & Reports" many times, but every time I open the app in my watch, it keeps asking me to set up on Phone.

What else do I need to do to make it work?

Now when I go to Find Assessments & Reports >Check your ECG Health and Rhythm Assessment, it indicates that I haven't taken the assessment yet. How can I take the assessment if my device doesn't work :'(

Please help T_T

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Reinstalled since Dec 2020..NUMEROUS times just to get the watch to work..this Sense is horrible. ECG is why I bought this. It now SUDDENLY doesnt work..do what it says and nothing. Fix the loop or give us all our money back. Seriously only good for time and messages. Piece of crap.

Best Answer

The ECG app doesnt work anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

August 30, 2021 in the United States. My ECG app was in the setup loop described here. The simpler solution below seems to have worked for me.

I was able to restart the phone and restart the watch at the same time (didn't seem to work if I only did one or the other.) After the reboots, the ECG app reported a problem on the watch and suggested I try again. It worked on the second attempt. Note I didn't have to reinstall anything, just reboots, so hopefully this solution sticks.

Sense watch with Google Pixel 3a phone. Good luck out there folks!

Best Answer

Restarting both simultaneously worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting my phone and my Sense also worked for me.  Thanks for the suggestion.  It's definitely worth giving this is a shot first.

Best Answer
0 Votes

😀I found that removing and reinstalling the Fitbit app on your mobile device works. You don't have to reset your watch. Hope this helps!! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to fix this issue in the Mobile App by going to my profile in settings -> Health Assessments -> Heart Rhythm.  Android with a Charge 5.

Best Answer

Here are the steps I took to get this to work for me as I had the same issues as you - click on the icon on watch - it would say to open on phone and complete setup but wouldn't open anything on my phone. 

So, I went to the Fitbit App, Account, clicked on my watch 'Sense' and clicked on the "Gallery" watch icon >clicked on permissions, turned off and back on > then scrolled down to "To find out more about this feature and it's indications for safety, ... " clicked on arrow to expand. It asked me to confirm that I was of age (22 years or older) and then it worked on my watch.

Best Answer

This worked on my Sense, thanks for posting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me as well, though I also unpaired my fitbit prior to reinstalling the app.  Thanks for the help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I live in Germany and just had the same problem. Was about to give up and return the watch. Now everything works as it should.

Best Answer
0 Votes