Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Firmware Update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/11/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is now available to all customers.

Update 12/8/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is currently in progress. Full release notes can be found here.

Update 11/25/2020: OS 5.1 (44.128.4.15) is now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Announcing the release of Fitbit OS Firmware Update 5.1 (44.128.4.15)!

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

Important Note: You will need to be on the latest app: iOS 3.34 or Android 3.34.1 in order to view the latest features. Please update your app.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense can be found here.

I recommend updating your Sense over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Sense to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317

I updated mine this morning to 44.128.4.17.  It updated over WiFi, and the download & install took just less than 10 minutes to complete. After the install completed, I shut down the Sense and restarted it to ensure the new firmware correctly loaded.  I have not experienced any problems with the Sense since the update. I did another ECG with it this evening, and it was normal as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the update and now.my sense will not charge....I have done all the reset and clean etc etc and still not charging!  Please help as I love my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update in 4.17 done,

+ more reactive in command and menu

- speaker with low volume at max while using Alexa 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know if the HR has been fixed?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@launton wrote:

Does anyone know if the HR has been fixed?  

Hasn't changed in mine. The HR was working good on mine before the upgrade, and it is still working good.  I compared it today while working on the elliptical with the chest strap on, and the Sense stayed withing 10 points of what the chest strap was reporting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sense started restarting every 5 minutes (even while I'm not wearing) after this firmware version was installed on it. I contacted support twice by phone, I couldn't hear both times halfway through the call and the chat team just escalated (I'm waiting for their email). It's just disappointing as the watch just sits there restarting by itself.

It used to have some sync issues earlier, but I did ignore it as it was manageable. I'm rethinking my purchase decision (I bought it about a month ago)...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm averaging 32 bpm out usually 16.  It's far from OK 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Launton: what do you mean by "I'm averaging 32 bpm out usually 16"?  Are you getting an average HR of 32bpm? Or do you mean that you are getting a difference between actual (manual measurement, Polar strap, whatever) and Sense of 32 on average, e.g. actual of 60, Sense of 92, or vice versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean my HR on exercise is averaging between 16bpm and up to 32 bpm lower than it should be (in relation to my rising HR whilst exercising) I'm comparing it to my chest strap (wahoo) in a gym. At rest and slight exercise it's acceptable, the main reason I am disappointed is the previous Versa 2 was much more accurate so it's easy to compare especially as my routine is the same on every visit. I'll wait for a fix for a while and see what happens 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the clarification.  I asked because I suspected that was what you meant, which I found interesting as I get the opposite, my Sense HR is higher than it should be, by the same sort of margin - 15 to 30bpm.  It is showing e.g. 110 when it is actually 80.  Or even 70.  Once again, at rest it is acceptable, though typically 5 to 10 higher than it should be.  Like yourself, my previous Versa 2 (now languishing in a cupboard) was more accurate. I'm not desperately concerned about it, so I continue to use the Sense, which I like for everything else, rather than going back to the Versa.

Best Answer

Hi all, after the firmware update I lost the ECG icon on my Sense! Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any fix/suggestion?

Thanks,

Giuseppe

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hourly Activity data won't update correctly on Sense.

2020-12-17 10.25.13.jpg2020-12-17 10.26.18.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

While my Fitbit Sense watch charges perfectly and quickly, it constantly throws up the wrong messages. It is on the computer's USB2 port, which provides it with normal, standard voltage. This is also evidenced by the fact that it charges from 10% to 100% in about 1 hour. Please eliminate unnecessary warnings!

2020-12-17 10.26.18.jpg2020-12-20 05.15.38.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also sent the bug to Fitbit Support. Their response was quick: "Attention: Email support not available":( I posted it on the Fitbit facebook site. If they don’t deal with it there, I’ll expose it to Twitter as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I get this as well.  But as the Sense charges quickly I ignore it.  I don't charge on the computer's USB ports because they can be slow, nor do I use the now ancient 5W Apple chargers.  The Apple 12W charger works well. Quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CBV2  "The Apple 12W charger works well. Quickly."

It recharges quickly with this, true, but the battery will break down sooner. I do not recommend this because the battery is not replaceable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's an interesting point.  Have you seen any info on whether larger chargers will give problems? I did ask Fitbit Help about this earlier, or about whether there were any problems with charger size, and didn't get a satisfactory answer.  However, I have seen other comments which suggested that the charger - the magnetic charger connector that is - should have current limiting capacity built in and there shouldn't be any problems. In any event, as you know Fitbit does not provide a charger, just saying plug into a UL certified wall charger. It doesn't specify any limits.  As it happens, for me fast charging times are not critical as I usually plug it in while I am watching something on TV and that typically gives a couple of hours charging so maybe I should go back to the smaller charger. Something to think about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 12/29/2020: Thanks everyone for your participation in this thread. The majority of Sense users have reported successfully updating to OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17). If you are experiencing any issues, check out the the main post for best practice on updating your device.

Thanks again for all the great feedback we have received on this release.

Best Answer
0 Votes