Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Firmware Update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/11/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is now available to all customers.

Update 12/8/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is currently in progress. Full release notes can be found here.

Update 11/25/2020: OS 5.1 (44.128.4.15) is now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Announcing the release of Fitbit OS Firmware Update 5.1 (44.128.4.15)!

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

Important Note: You will need to be on the latest app: iOS 3.34 or Android 3.34.1 in order to view the latest features. Please update your app.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense can be found here.

I recommend updating your Sense over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Sense to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317

No sign of it here in NYC possibly because the fitbit app on the phone keeps dropping wifi incessantly. I am tired of reconnecting it. Lasts for a few seconds then departs whereto I know not...

Best Answer

Hello,

I mean I've got the banner but all my update attempts failed until plugged in.

It wouldn't ask em to plug in or say that it couldn't do it.. it would start the process but stop after a few minutes without an update.

Best Answer

@Ochie This is intended behaviour regarding how the Sense handles WiFi. It isn't supposed to be connected all the time, in fact it will usually only connect to WiFi when you plug it in to charge. This is because WiFi is only used for app updates and faster FW updates, any other times it is off to save power. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google assist isn't activated on my sense after the update.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner where are you based? Google Assistant is currently only enabled in the US with other countries getting it next month or early 2021

Best Answer

so.. on this update we have Alexa with voice, answer calls from the watch, and the spo2 implementation that should have been in the first place and... what else? no google for everyone, no google with voice for anyone, no audible alarms, no spo2 check at the moment, no making calls from the watch or Alexa... At least you could be more specific about the bugfixes you made because the "new" features seem half-baked, just as the device itself when it came out. I'm disappointed because I was at least hoping for a fully functional google assistant but I got nothing. This watch lacks even a basic functionality as audible alarms. I think the sense will be a great product by the time the sense 2 hits the stores. By then I think you will have ready every day 1 features. Sad.

Did you fix the reboot issue? and the sync one? and the unresponsive screen one? and the 2 taps on screen one? and the heart measurement one¿ 

Best Answer

@Rinopopo, I wouldn't get too excited about the new spO2 implementation. The new app only really works for premium users, as it doesn't actually display a value on the device, only in the health metrics dashboard (actually once installed the app is completely hidden). So if you are a non premium user or want to be able to view the reading on the watch itself, you'll still need to use one of the spO2 (there are 3 now) clock faces. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Weird but ok. Still no update though after plugged in charger. Galaxy s10+ in New York City. Shall try again shortly

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ochie This is a progressive rollout, so it is rolled out gradually to everyone. Fitbit always roll it out to a small initial number of users, just incase there are any unforseen issues. It will then start rolling out to the rest of the user base, I think the whole process should take no longer than a couple of weeks (if everything goes to plan). All you can do is wait until the update banner pops up in the app.

IMG_20201120_204411_154.jpg

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

I hear you. I really like my Sense but must say this makes me long for the functionality of my Galaxy Watch Active 2 and Tizen. Why does this have to be so hard? I mean, really now!!

Best Answer

I have version 128.1.42 on my sense, and IOS 14.2 on my iPhone. These number do not match what you are saying. Am I up to date, or not?

Cheryl
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @carcand the latest firmware version is 44.128.4.15, the latest app version is 3.34 and for your iPhone it's iOS 14.2.  

Best Answer
So my phone is up-to-date, but my sense is not? And how do you get that
update, do you just have to wait for it to show up?
Cheryl
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in Scotland.  It's a bit unfair to tell us that it is included in the update when it doesn't even work in some countries.

Best Answer

New upgrade that add calls through the smartwatch and YOU CAN'T EVEN make an outbound call because is not supported by Alexa?? Really a joke... 

Best Answer

If the navigation is more fluid ? 

Best Answer

Basically the same... 

Best Answer

Can you hear email notification or text messages sound from external speakers? I read there are no alarm sound from speakers. I was hoping 5.1 update would include these features. 

Best Answer

I tried forcing it with a factory reset. At first I thought I succeeded, because the Sense took 20 minutes or so to update. Afterwards, the Fitbit app showed me an overview of the new features, including taking phone calls from the watch!

I then tried to make that work, and was able to pair a new bluetooth device called Sense Controls, that is connected to my phone alongside the Sense device. But it didn't work, I was still only able to pick up a phone call, the sound not coming from and to my Sense.

I then checked the FW version, and it was still the old one 44.128.1.42. What a bummer. The fitbit app totally mislead me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You cannot force a firmware update by factory resetting the watch.

Best Answer