Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Firmware Update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/11/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is now available to all customers.

Update 12/8/2020: An update OS 5.1.1 (44.128.4.17) is currently in progress. Full release notes can be found here.

Update 11/25/2020: OS 5.1 (44.128.4.15) is now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Announcing the release of Fitbit OS Firmware Update 5.1 (44.128.4.15)!

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

Important Note: You will need to be on the latest app: iOS 3.34 or Android 3.34.1 in order to view the latest features. Please update your app.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense can be found here.

I recommend updating your Sense over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Sense to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! 

Best Answer
317 REPLIES 317

I've just installed the update so:

1) No

2) Haven't experienced any Wi-Fi connection issues

3) Yes, the update installs a new Sp02 tracker app which records Sp02 during the night without requiring the Sp02 watch face selected (though there will be more Sp02 watch faces coming soon)

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Can you set up an alarm with sound with the new firmware

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rinopopo no you can't, it's still the vibration only.

Best Answer
0 Votes

😥😥😥😥😥😥

Best Answer

Hi, there is a way to get this update also in Italy? Maybe changing the language? Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ripez Try to change your country to US in your Fitbit Profile (I don't use Sense but in the past I was able to have some otherwise region restricted functions on Fitbit with this trick)

BTW I'm Italian too but living in Japan

Best Answer

No idea how to turn on Google Assistant, have app version 3.34.1 and Sense firmware 44.128.1.42

Can't find how you amend assistant based on instructions, and consider myself pretty tech savy. Must be missing something...

Please help.

Best Answer

You have the old firmware still.

Best Answer

I thought Google assistant would have voice and it appears that only Alexa's voice works with replies. Maybe voice is coming in a future update? Yes it's nice to get Google Assistant because of my ecosystem at home and it's awesome. You don't eve have to use the trigger word to get it to accept your command. You can also initiate a text message instead of waiting to reply to one. Very nice stuff.  This is if you have an Android phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

nice just got update. tested speakers by making alexa tell me the weather. works well. also glad that I'll be able to use other watch faces and still have spo2 running at night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about the heartrate issues lots of people have reported?

Are they fixed?

Best Answer

Hello,

Updated on my fourth attempt. It really just worked when plugged in the charger (I know.. should have done first time around).

Now I can see the Google Assistant option, but it says it's not available in my country! UK

What's up? Is it available in US only?

Screenshot_20201120-062958.png

Thanks

Best Answer

Do you mean that you got the update banner in the app after you put the Sense on the charger, or that you got the update banner but updating would only proceed after you put it on the charger?

BTW, you can read more on the GA release schedule outside the US here: https://investor.fitbit.com/press/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Fitbit-OS-5.1-Update-Del...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Should be available early December in the UK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sanman202 wrote:

I thought Google assistant would have voice and it appears that only Alexa's voice works with replies. Maybe voice is coming in a future update? 

According to the press release:

"Fitbit plans to make audible replies available for Google Assistant in the first half of 2021"

Best Answer

@Wassermann80 wrote:

What about the heartrate issues lots of people have reported?

Are they fixed?

Can you link to one such report? Are you talking about this or something else?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've never figured out how to get this update. How about a step by step idiot's instructions?

Best Answer

@WehuttyWanker wrote:

I've never figured out how to get this update. How about a step by step idiot's instructions?

1) wait for the app to offer you the update

2) accept the offer

Until the app offers the update you can't do anything to make it happen

Best Answer

Sounds good, thanks. 

Best Answer