Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense HR issues resolved ☺️

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screenshot_20201015-075558.jpg

Screenshot_20201015-075901.jpg

Screenshot_20201015-080509.jpg

 Happy to confirm my heart rate appears to be a lot better at tracking !

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Screenshot_20201015-074450.jpg

 Spotify doesn't appear to be on the roadmap, so if this is a huge issue, consider Deezer or returning 

Best Answer

Lastly, my biggest issue was the heart rate inaccuracies and was going to return. However, I'll now be keeping the sense and I'll patiently await software updates to the device. 

Apologies for creating yet another topic. But I hope this one helps people :fire:

Best Answer

Hi

Did he say to change it to say dominant hand? I keep mine on left( non dominant)  also I just got it today so heart rate zones showing are 50 and 120 do I need to adjust them straight off? I'm going to take it for an outdoor run in the morning so should see how it fares

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not read the first section how to get to these settings. Can you share again?

Best Answer

Essentially go to your profile image in the Fitbit app >> scroll down to 'Heart relate Zones >> add custom max HR at 200 >> add customer zones upper 200 lower 40 >> press Done (top right) >> sync the device >> restart but holding down top left >> see if it works 

@Amanc1990 I would suggest testing it out as is and if you have any issues contact support 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I tried to do this, but it won't let me change any of those numbers, they turn to 0. Is that supposed to happen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are not alone, mine does the same 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I just tried what you've recommended, it did not solve the issue unfortunately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a fault in the phone app. You can change the values in the fitbit dashboard instead. They will be synced with the app and phone even though the app still show the sliders as being default.

I have had this bug for several months. Dont go back in the app and press the slider as the values will return to default

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Shak-eta. Thanks for sharing. I followed those steps and the heart rate

inaccuracy issue seems resolved.   

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner What does "restart but holding down top left" mean exactly? I assume you mean to shut down the Sense, then turn it back on, right?

Best Answer

Hi

I took it out for 2 runs, a 3.8mile and 8mile run and the heart rate seemed good to me. On the 8miler it got to a peak of 185bpm and overall average of 168 which is similar to my old watch. Distance wise I used map my run on my Samsung and the distances were spot on.

Screenshot_20201018-122033_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20201016-070949_Fitbit.jpg

I think it'll get better with more updates

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all of the steps, including restarting it. No difference. The new HR sensor is still problematic.

It seems the HR issues got worse after the last Fitbit app update from 3-4 days. 3 days straight, it reported a jump from 54 to 150-152 pulse at the start of the sleep session, and then right after that went back to 53-55. I wore an Apple Watch on the other hand for two days, and it was very accurate. Not such bogus spike.

Also it is consistently slow to pick up the correct HR when starting an aerobic exercise (fast walking, running). It's about 1-3 seconds behind. The new sensor software, is definitely a step back and worse from the Versa 2 and Charge 4, so far. BTW the Apple Watch is more accurate than those, and a LOT more accurate than the Sense. Which is sad!

More troublesome, some very excellent trusted online reviewers have been reporting those HR issues. Fitbit has infuriatingly tried to blame those issues on the reviewer (their temp or their exercise style), which is bonkers, since all of them test the Sense with other smartwatches (Apple, Garmin, etc.) at the same time. So yeah!

Best Answer

@charobach@IIFYM @NeilFinny @ it should let you change the values in app 

Any joy?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem too in the app. I had to change mine via the website, logout of the app and back in and then they saved ok after a few failed attempts. 

Best Answer

@Carrie1210 wrote:

I had this problem too in the app. I had to change mine via the website, logout of the app and back in and then they saved ok after a few failed attempts. 

In the process of trying the website way. Fingers crossed.

------------------------------

That did it ta!

fingers crossed !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand how changing the figures to custom makes it more accurate? That doesn't really make sense... did they give an explanation why changing the figures makes it supposedly more accurate?

Best Answer

Also curious how/why adding custom heart rates would have any impact on hr accuracy.

Best Answer

I'm with you bobby2478.  I will say that my Sense's HR seems reasonably accurate.  Like all wrist monitors is is a bit laggy and essentially useless on exercises like weights, pushups, etc.  I tested my Sense after having it for 2 weeks while simultaneously using a Polar HR10 monitor.  They were consistently close to one another during a 5 mile uphill route.  The Sense lagged the Polar each time there was a change in exertion ... that is it under reported for a short time as exertion increased and over reported when exertion dropped it was right with the Polar during steady going.   While it may not be spot on, it's close enough and way more convenient than using a chest strap.   

Best Answer