Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Will Not Update Firmware

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Methods I've tried so far:

• Clearing cache in my Samsung app settings
  • Uninstalled Fitbit
  • Unpaired Sense from my bluetooth list
  • Deleted my Sense settings on my Fitbit Dashboard
  • Restarted phone
  • Restarted Sense
  • Reinstalled Fitbit
  • Re-paired Sense on my bluetooth
  • Setup my Sense once more on my Fitbit Dashboard

Now that we've got all of that squared away, I cannot for the life of me get this watch to download this firmware. Both the Sense and the Fitbit app will show an animation of the download proceeding as normal, the download will stop at the halfway point of the circular animation on the sense (the bottom of the circle that surrounds the Fitbit logo), while the phone's percentage maxes out to 100%. Then the face of the watch continues to fill with blue light only to glow green suddenly, and ultimately tell me I've failed once again to update my firmware.

As a bit of background, I did leave my Sense unattended for about two months on the charging cable. I understand that's really not very good for it, but I hadn't imagined it would bring me this kind of grief.

Help, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @imoose - is your Sense operational? If it is there is no need to actually update the firmware, unless you have a problem and you know it fixes it.

If you look in the forums people often report unexpected problems after updating. So be sure you want to do it first.

Leaving it on charge should not damage it, the charging mechanism chooses to draw current only when it needs it.

Setting up a Sense [ and firmware update] is best done from the phone app.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, no it's not operational. It's stuck on "Download the Fitbit app to start."

I had assumed, since I had a firmware update, that I had missed an important update but now I have no idea how to fix this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@imoose- in that case you have to start again.

On the phone remove the Sense entries from Bluetooth, then in the Fitbit App, click profile photo and "Set up a Device" and proceed as for a new watch.

If it fails using wifi [which must be from a 2.4 GHz source] use Bluetooth instead, which may take at least an hour.

To heighten your chances of it working over wifi, have the watch on charge near the wifi source and phone on the same wifi and with location on.

Hope that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, I've tried that and more. 

Thanks for trying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@imoose- did you try over Bluetooth with phone wifi turned off - if you have a Samsung phone this may have a bearing

No internet connection

It could be you aren't getting full Internet access due to Private DNS, just a guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes