Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense and Bluetooth Settings (texts and calls)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I tried to search this issue thoroughly before posting and I apologize if I missed the solution. Here is what I am experiencing. My new Sense is syncing data to my phone. I see my steps etc. But the Bluetooth app won't allow me to change permissions for the watch - so I can see text messages and phone calls. When I select Sense from the list on the Bluetooth page, I get the message "An app is needed to use this device". 

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10.

Model SM-G973U

I have tried the following:

1. Uninstall/Reinstall Fit Bit App

2. Restart phone

3. Turn off/on watch

4. Remove and add Watch to App

5. Moved away from or turned off other bluetooth items. 

I feel like there is a setting in the App that I am missing??????

Sure hope there is a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@PlankintheLou, you don't set the permissions in the phone's Bluetooth setting, but in the App settings.  Open the phone's Settings->Apps->Fitbit->Permissions, and enable the permissions for the desired notifications.  Bluetooth is simply the communications protocol, and the permissions are controlled by the phone's app settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

USAF - Larry,

You were right in that I didn't have all my permission selected. Thank you so much for the response. How did I miss that? So I have corrected this and I am still not seeing texts. I did restart both phone and watch and test again with no luck.

As for Bluetooth "settings" - what I am expecting to see is that when I select the Sense, it doesn't give me an error message and then it shows that SMS and calls are allowed. I previously used a Garmin and this is what I saw under Bluetooth with that. 

I am open to more suggestions and help. I am enjoying the other features on the Sense but not seeing my texts is a deal breaker for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just in case you missed it

Swipe the watch to the right and make sure all the 6 icons are greyed out except the middle bottom one.

It could be you accidentally got it in sleep or do not disturb mode.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes