Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

Lizzy,

It’s now been three hours since reconnecting to the Fitbit app and my Sense has now drained about 10% per hour. I’ll be disconnecting again shortly as I’m not prepared to spend time every day recharging the Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzy,

It’s now been seven hours connected to the Fitbit app. The Sense has dropped to 21% of battery. I have now disconnected from the app and will recharge. Until Fitbit can provide a stable and reliable app I will have to stay disconnected.

Looking forward to improved performance in the near future. Without changes to the app I will have to look at other watches.

Best Answer

My Sense is less than one year old (December last year) and suddenly it will not hold a charge. Seems to happen at night in sleep mode (goes from 95% to 50% in a few hours) but also more rapidly during the day then when it was new. I’ve tried the suggestion on this page but these have not worked. Is there a firmware update for this? Can I exchange my Sense for a new one as it is less than a year old? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No tracking anything. It just occurred last weekend. I talked to 'support' which was truly lacking and was told I would get a replacement if I sent in my watch first. No, send me a replacement first. No budge. In the past, I was always sent a replacement even though I never asked. Anyway, I did a factory reset and turned off bluetooth during the day. So far okay. This really needs to be addressed by Fitbit. I have an Iphone 11.

Best Answer

interesting..reckline..

Best Answer
Sent me a new one no problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Sense is almost 3 months old and I just noticed the battery draining also. I do have the SpO2 clock face, but I've always had this and the battery was never an issue. Then all of a sudden my watch dies mid day after never even logging an exercise. It's not useable if it can't make it through the day. Very frustrating 

Best Answer

I’ve now been disconnected from the Fitbit app for a day and my battery is still at 89%. It obviously lasts far better not being connected to the app.

Best Answer

Given a Sense by my children for my birthday. First week had to recharge twice. In second week battery life started to reduce. Have followed all the advice on increasing battery life. Have switched off all notifications, set to dim, button activation only, disconnected DGS etc. Now have watch that is not using most of its features and battery life is down to 9 hours at best.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try the factory reset. It’s a pain but that finally worked for me after many other steps that failed

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am sorry you are going through this. I loved Sense in the beginning. Anyway, do a factory reset after you pair it with your phone, turn off bluetooth. 

Best Answer

My new sense (bought feb. -21) has started to empty battery after 12 hours. What can be the problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are quite a few threads that discuss the cause and solution. Do a quick search and you’ll find your answers!  Hope you resolve the problem.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
Have carried out reset. App keeps asking permission to pair with Sensewhich requires Bluetooth access to do it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, pair with Bluetooth. After pairing is done and everything else..turn off bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@auddyeThe solution was posted 05-10-2021 04:29 in this thread to resolve the issue.

NO need to do a factory reset, it won't resolve the Fitbit App problem.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

Did as you suggested. Battery level only dropped by 4% over night, previously it was totally discharging over same period. Thanks for help.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I can confirm that a factory reset will fix the battery drain problem.

Best Answer

@woolybeast  Only if the fault is in the watch and not the Fitbit App.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@woolybeast the factory reset has CAUSED my battery drain issue.

Before that, the thing wouldn’t synch no matter how many times I switched Bluetooth on and off, logged out, switched off my phone, removed Fitbit and added it back on.

Driving me bonkers!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes