Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense not reading elevated heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I'm working out it's very obvious my heart rate is elevated.  But my sense won't capture the elevated rate and seems to stay in the 80s where I am over 130bpm per manual counting.  I have tried cleaning sensors, adjusting placement, tightness, wrists and even tried putting it on the inside of my wrist to see if it would register.  

I just did a metcon for 35 mins and said I only had 9 active minutes.  Is there any fixes or other trouble shooting I can try? I'm very frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Original Sense or Sense 2? My original Sense seems to track heart rate very accurately, spot on my medical equipment in a doctor's office. The Sense 2 and Versa 4 forums are full of posts about inaccurate heart rate readings, and lots of negative reviews all over the internet....unfortunately. 

Best Answer

Sense or Sense 2 - no difference for me, the same sensor used in both models, same bad readings during exercising.

Best Answer

Hi @Murphy9206  - unfortunately the HR on the Sense doesn't do good HR during movement. If you look in the forums some over read, like mine reads almost double at times, and others under read, depending on the person and the movement.

Of course this messes with other values which use HR.

However at rest it is generally more accurate so sleep and RHR should be reasonable.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the exact same problem with my Sense, and Im about ready to throw it in the bin. Then never again Fitbit.

This is extremely dangerous for someone with posible heart condition. If I relied on this pulse which is about 50% that of my pulseband, it could be fatal. Now Ive spent a lot of time reserching the problem and have found many users with the exact same problem. What anoys me the most is that fitbit haven't answered a Single complaint.

Best Answer

Oh good catch that I forgot that part.  It's the Sense.  I'm in agreement that this is unfortunate.  Even today it wasn't until 30mins in the workout did I see my heart rate and it only stayed at that rate for less than 6 mins.  And trust me, low heart rate reading has nothing to do with my fitness - cardio is hard 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is the Sense.  And your point is why I did not purchase the Sense 2, reviews were not good. 

It's just sucks so much

Best Answer
0 Votes