Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync with the iOS Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense becoming increasingly unable to sync over last week or so. Refusing to sync at all now. Have followed every piece of advice - resetting, turn on and off (both iPhone and Sense), removing and reconnecting device, forgetting device from phone Bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling app. Nothing working. Also always been inaccurate on floor counting but today has stopped calorie tracking. All very frustrating for a long term Fitbit devotee. Any ideas what else I can do before I demand replacement? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

Reading all the post below that having the same problem, but I am adding another information. My phone is Android 8.0.0.

Got my fitbit sense last December, so 5 months now. 

The sync has always spotty, first of all it rarely automatic sync, then take several swipes before it syncs all the data.

Starting the last couple of weeks, it's getting worse to a point, I can barely sync once a day.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, delete all Bluetooth connections.

I can't sync 2 days now.

Best Answer

Customer service s USELESS!  I got no where; went through all the step everyone has posted prior to chatting with CS then again with CS...then she told me to restart my phone which I then lose the chat session.  So back to a useless device.  Hit them up on Twitter on how bad the sense is.

Best Answer
Now my sense can’t even tell time. It’s running 13 min slow. WTH
Best Answer

Bummer but agree and understand. So frustrating. The restarting also fixed my wallet which also had stopped working. So sorry you didn't have same experience that I did..guess some are better trained than others.. but who knows

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what you mean by "guess some are better trained than others.. but who knows" but I have gone through the steps so many times that I feel trained. The problem is with fitbit not the users of the product.

Best Answer

Happening here as well. If I remove the Sense from the app and re-add seems to work for a few hours, but once it gets out of sync it's done. Only started a few days ago, been going great before that.

I'm using an iPhone 8 - iOS 14.4.2 

Sense Version - 44.128.4.17

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm. Was responding to the person who contacted customer service and didn't have the same experience as me. So guessing some are better at helping than others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My update has a resolution- returned to the department store and got a new warranty replacement Fitbit Sense (so keeping the receipt in case it is a hardware/software/reliability issue on the product and hopefully get past the 7 week usage with my previous one).

New on Syncing fine immediately.

Customer Service did ask I wait a while to see if it fixes itself ............ 

Expected better from a Premium brand. 

Best Answer

No unable to follow the steps to clear the issue- 

My update has a resolution- returned to the department store and got a new warranty replacement Fitbit Sense (so keeping the receipt in case it is a hardware/software/reliability issue on the product and hopefully get past the 7 week usage with my previous one).

New one Syncing fine immediately.

Recommended return it under warranty for a new one.

Best Answer

I've been through both the online chat and the next step of endless emails with Fitbit support.  They give you exactly the generic information you see all over the forums.  Restart, reset, reload. Endlessly!   No change to the device and when I addressed the fact that they'd failed to make the device useable and I wanted a further solution.  Replace it or refund my money for selling a product that was nothing more than an ugly watch after 6 months.  They quit replying completely.  Do NOT purchase any more of their products and tell your friends.

Best Answer

I did.  They quit replying to me completely.

Best Answer

I had a sync issue. Stopped syncing for out of the blue. I have most recent iOS. I fixed it by closing app. Turned off phone, then turned back on.  Cleared history and website data. Held button down on watch til Fitbit logo appeared. Let watch finish reboot. opened app and forgot device then reinstalled watch. No problems for over a week now. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
Thank you so much! I will give it a try. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem (since April 28), seems like a lot are. The only way I can get all of my data to sync to the app is to remove my Sense from my Bluetooth settings, turn off my phone, restart my Sense, then turn my phone back on. It will sync the first time it connects after that. Then it stops working again. Interestingly, my steps and sleep will update, but my other data (e.g. active minutes, workouts, etc) will not. Also, the test and call notifications from my phone are working just fine. Doesn't seem like a Bluetooth issue but more of an issue with the connection to the app. Sorry I don't have a solution to offer. Hopefully Fitbit comes up with an update to fix this bug soon! It's very frustrating.

Best Answer

The same story here. Last night I updated my iPhone to 14.5.1 version. Today Fitbit Sense is not syncing and did not give me sleep stages and as a result no health metrics either. The Watch is only 2 weeks old, was working perfectly all these time. It’s my second one. The first one stopped working and Fitbit sent me a new one. I hoped it will last much longer, but now I am pretty skeptical. 

Best Answer

My Sense is doing the same thing. I have turned the Bluetooth off and also shutdown the FitBit. Turn them on and that would usually fix it, but looks like that has stopped working. I’m in a challenge every week and this is very frustrating. I never should have switched it was nothing wrong with my Versa2 which I may need to get to finish my challenge. I only upgraded because I saw it on QVC and they said you could answer your phone and text from it. I only got the phone to work once and never the text. At this point I think I am going to contact them to see if I can return it or FitBit in the morning, especially since I am not alone with this problem. 

Best Answer

Having the same issue. 
Followed all the trouble shooting instructions even done a factory reset. 
Now can’t get customer services to get back to me. 
Im frustrated, annoyed with my Fitbit and the so called customer service team. 

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue around when I upadated my iPhone to 14.5.1.

Best Answer

Sense not syncing but looks like Bluetooth connected I’ve trouble shooter now what 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same syncing issues too.  Plus there is a noticeable difference with my battery life.

Best Answer