Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't sync with the iOS Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sense becoming increasingly unable to sync over last week or so. Refusing to sync at all now. Have followed every piece of advice - resetting, turn on and off (both iPhone and Sense), removing and reconnecting device, forgetting device from phone Bluetooth, deleting and reinstalling app. Nothing working. Also always been inaccurate on floor counting but today has stopped calorie tracking. All very frustrating for a long term Fitbit devotee. Any ideas what else I can do before I demand replacement? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
179 REPLIES 179

I've lost track of how many times I executed the factory reset!  It will sync once then it's back to not syncing again.

-------------------------------------

Has anyone gone after a replacement due to this issue?  

Best Answer

What phone are you trying to sync to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Patruns,

Last Friday, I noticed my (6 week old Sense) would not sync (and still doesn't). I have re-setup the iphone (8 - IOS upgraded to 14.5 on Sunday) to fitbit 3 times. Each time I am able to connect and the steps, and Heart rate are updated but the other stats are not. I cannot sync thereafter (and have to setup the devices phone- to fitbit again.

Fitbit Sense s/w = App 3.41.1 (1050)- up to date, other device data:

Activation Date 13/3/21

44.128.4.17 Version

MAC address listed

WiFi off (?)

2.554MB

Sync has been performed whilst the fitbit is charging and not charging with the same results.

No other conditions (wifi etc) have been changed since purchase 6 weeks ago.

I am loathe to return to factory defaults but that is the next step (after contacting Fitbit support). Then is returning to the the shop for replacement.

I would welcome any other feedback- I have had 3 other fitbit devices in the last 6 years and this was an expensive (& unusual) step up for me so not too happy.

Best Answer

I’m having exactly the same issue today. It’s extremely frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi,

Spent an hour with online support and did the following steps- maybe you can repeat to hopefully gets yours functioning:

1. logoff account app on phone
  2. Forget this device
  3. Set up Device and follow through the process
  4. Then Sync- updates steps/HR 
  5. In my case, did not download sleep etc.
  6. Then perform another sync but still “Cannot sync message”.

Then, Remove and re-install app on phone- same version from the App store, repeat steps 1 to 4 above

In my case, Sync- unsuccessful.

Sadly, off to Officeworks later to return.

Good luck with your technical issue.

Best Answer

Did Fitbit reply with how to fix?  I’m having the same issue since Sunday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sense was syncing fine with my iPhone and then suddenly just stopped. Something definitely changed, Running iOS 14.5.1

Best Answer

Yep! Mine has not sent since 5/2

Best Answer

This has happened to me too. On Friday and Saturday my battery died very quickly. Then my Sense stopped syncing. I have spent hours on the helpline doing all the things they have said to do with the last resort being a factory reset, which I did today. It is still not syncing even with the factory reset and setting it up as a new device. I have complained and luckily the device is covered under warranty, but I will not be able to get the hours back that I spent being frustrated by customer service. The device is literally 2 months old. This should not even be an issue. FitBit should be ashamed of themselves. 

Best Answer

Oh wow, so the reset didn't help either?  I was going to try that today. 

Sense (formerly Ionic), iPhone 12
Best Answer

I have reached the point where the only way i can get my Sense to sync is to reset it.  Although, at times, it will partially sync, and show the updated data; however, it will go back to the previous data from when is actually completed a sync.  

Anyone know if actual FitBit technical support monitors this community?  Has anyone tried contacting FitBit directly?  This is crazy....my Sense is less than 6 months old.

Best Answer

Same exact situation here and this sense is not that old.

Best Answer

Hi,

Mine stoped syncing 5/2 also. Any news on why?

Thanks,

Kay

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer service had no explanation as to why it wasn’t syncing. Tried saying it was a Bluetooth issue but after doing all their steps to reconnect and reboot, it’s clear it’s the device. There are several boards though discussing this issue of battery not lasting and sense no longer syncing all the past few days…something must’ve happened with the software. Too much of a coincidence. 

Best Answer

This has to be a software issue with everyone having the same issue with newer Sense Fitbits. It's just too ironic that this all happens to everyone at the same time. Its almost as if it coincides with with the Apple IOS 14.5.1 release. 

Best Answer

I sent them the thread through Twitter, and I've posted basically what they said:  shut down, reinstall, re-link Bluetooth, etc.  I shut down once today. I did not do the factory reset. 

Sense (formerly Ionic), iPhone 12
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with regards to syncing. Just got my Fitbit Sense a couple days ago and am honestly thinking about returning it and going back to my Versa 2. Mine doesn't log the zone minutes accurately. On my app it says one thing, but on the desktop it gives the accurate number. I was on with the online chat help and did everything they told me to do as well and none of it worked. They said they would move the problem up the chain and I would get an email, but still have yet to hear back from them. It also doesn't sync accurately to myFitnessPal. I am very frustrated as well and was hoping they could fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is an android. But didn't have the issue when I was using my versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended calling customer service...and finally got it resolved. They are very aware of the issue and that all the usual tricks not working. The last thing, shutting down watch and waiting 10 seconds to restart seemed to do the trick..but it might have been the sequence. I'd recommend calling them if nothing is still working

Best Answer

I have had the same problems and I agree it is very frustrating. I have tried all the trouble shooting many many times. When i called support a few days ago, I was told they were aware of problems and working to correct them but it just seems to be getting worse. I would gladly take a refund for my sense and move on to another product. The sense watch seems to work fine but the phone app sucks.

Best Answer