Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense tracks my SpO2 data sporadically

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently SpO2 tracking is VERY sporadic. One day it shows on Health Metrics and other days it does not. Any clues ?? This is on a Sense. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @FloridaMa. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Sense. 

To make sure your Fitbit device successfully measures your SpO2 values, keep the following in mind:

• Your device doesn’t retroactively measure your SpO2 values. After you install the clock face, you’ll see dashed lines until after your next sleep session.
  • Charge your Fitbit device to make sure it’s able to collect data throughout your entire sleep session. Note that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face.
  • Your Fitbit device must sync with the Fitbit app before the clock face updates. Note that it may take around an hour for your SpO2 values to appear after you sync your device. For troubleshooting syncing, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
  • Turning off any clock face permissions can cause the clock face to stop functioning. To check these settings:

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet.
    2. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
    3. Tap Clock Faces.
    4. Tap the SpO2 Signature clock face.
    5. Tap Permissions. Turn on any permissions you turned off.
    6. Tap Details when you're done making changes.
  • Your Fitbit device must be able to consistently track your SpO2 data:

• Wear your device slightly higher on your wrist.

• Make sure your device is in contact with your skin.

• Your device should be snug but not constricting.

• Tattooed skin can impact the accuracy of the red and infrared sensors on your Fitbit device.

For more information about SpO2, see: How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @FloridaMa. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Sense. 

To make sure your Fitbit device successfully measures your SpO2 values, keep the following in mind:

• Your device doesn’t retroactively measure your SpO2 values. After you install the clock face, you’ll see dashed lines until after your next sleep session.
  • Charge your Fitbit device to make sure it’s able to collect data throughout your entire sleep session. Note that you may have to charge your Fitbit device more often when using the SpO2 Signature clock face.
  • Your Fitbit device must sync with the Fitbit app before the clock face updates. Note that it may take around an hour for your SpO2 values to appear after you sync your device. For troubleshooting syncing, see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
  • Turning off any clock face permissions can cause the clock face to stop functioning. To check these settings:

1. With your Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet.
    2. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image.
    3. Tap Clock Faces.
    4. Tap the SpO2 Signature clock face.
    5. Tap Permissions. Turn on any permissions you turned off.
    6. Tap Details when you're done making changes.
  • Your Fitbit device must be able to consistently track your SpO2 data:

• Wear your device slightly higher on your wrist.

• Make sure your device is in contact with your skin.

• Your device should be snug but not constricting.

• Tattooed skin can impact the accuracy of the red and infrared sensors on your Fitbit device.

For more information about SpO2, see: How do I track blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) with my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

it's SPORATIC no matter what.

i get about 50% of my readings period

Best Answer

royalle - mine is consistent but wife with identical phone and watch has your problem. The value shows up on her watch but only shows up on trends every now and then. Fitbits reply is always about how to setup SPO2 and completely ignore the intermittent sync issues. Sometimes resetting the watch seems to fix for a day or two, or uninstalling and reinstall SPO2 face, but it never lasts.

My theory is that SPO2 sync code was written by an intern and noone can understand it. That or developers have left.  It also reports it for day before if you live far enough east (Australia, NZ, Japan etc). Fitbit response for over a year, is "sorry about problem, dont have time frame for fix, but developers looking at it". With support like that, I will never buy another Fitbit and strongly advice others not to.

Best Answer
0 Votes