Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin Temperature not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Skin Temperature a "coming soon" feature? I got my Sense yesterday and did all the updates/setup, but that particular stat says "update Fitbit device to latest firmware and wear it to sleep" after wearing it to bed last night.  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here. 

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62
On the Fitbit app

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that worked for me too. If it takes longer than three days to start measuring. I definitely suggest deleting the logs. 

Best Answer

Swipe to the right on the graph. It tells you the individual readings. I thought the same thing bc mine was -3.5, ugh.... how does that help? But then I swiped and saw I am just going from 96-99 

I didn’t notice this until later. I do have premium for ref.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 2 here. It says I need to update the firmware, but I checked  the app and versa, all are up to date. What else can I do? All other functions of the health metrics are working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory resetting the watch and creating a new Fitbit account fixed that problem for me. I wore it 5 nights with no temp readings so I factory reset it after the Google Assistant update and wore it 3 nights and temp readings along with everything else seems to work fine now. Just a suggestion.

BW
Best Answer
0 Votes

What I do not understand is that I bought and set up my Versa 3 on 24 December. And I loaded Premium. Prior to doing so, I read the list of countries where it will work. Quite extensive in Europe, including Malta where I live.  But, I keep receiving the same message you did:  "update Fitbit device to latest firmware and wear it to sleep" So, since there are several of us in the same boat, why doesn't Fitbit respond, telling us how to really fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the life of me, I cannot duplicate what you said to do: " What i did i clicked into skin temperature then clicked the settings icon in the top right corner and went down and clicked on 'delete temperature logs'  and after that the last 2 nights have been recorded.

I went to Health Metrics on the App, clicked on it, and scrolled down to Skin Temperature. And saw the calendar, telling me to update Fitbit device. The problem with your suggestion is to go to settings icon in top right corner. WHAT icon. I see no icon. Please clarify. Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear the Versa 3. The skin temperature does not work. It keeps saying update firmware, but gives no hint about how to do so. I bought my Versa 3 in December 2020. Living in Malta, your list says that it will work. Please offer some clarification, if you can.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I did get out work eventually. I saw a post that said go into temperature where it will show a graph of previous nights temperature when it is working. There should be 3 dots in the top right corner. Press that and choose delete all temperature logs. After doing this it started to work for me. It seems something was jammed in the logs that was preventing it from working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for responding. Like I mentioned, I see the series of calendars. All are working, except skin temp. There are no dots.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

My skin temperature feature started logging around 3 days after I started using it. I use the word "logging" instead of "working" as my temperature readings indicate I am deceased and sleeping outside in sub-zero weather. My readings vary between -2.9F (-19.4C) and +1.9F (-17). Seeing as I am typing this I cannot be deceased; therefore the watch is faulty.

On a unrelated topic, I had the ionic. It had charging issues where the recessed groove around the charging pins on the Ionic filled up with debris; it often failed to charge until everything was thoroughly cleaned. I saw that the Sense had 4 electrical contacts for charging--yay--they fixed the charging issue. NOPE...on my 3rd or 4th charge, the Sense failed to charge. Once again, the holes around the charging pins were filled with debris and the Sense would not charge.

Lots of room for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The temp readings are +/- your baseline. In your case 2.9f below the baseline reading or +1.7 above baseline. Ex: baseline of 97.6 with the -2,9 your nightly temp was 94.7. The baseline took the three days to establish. (the delay in starting to record stats) 

I haven't had any issues with stuff building up in the charging ports myself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much. Most helpful.

https//MaltabyZelt.home.blog/
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wish I could tell what the "baseline" is. That I haven't figured out yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 4. The skin temp is listed in the health metrics on my app as well and it has been a week since it showed up. Unfortunately it still says to update but everything IS current. I follow the instructions you gave but still get nothing. Is this not an option for me, and if not, why is it in my dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a charge 4 last weeks and I've got the same problem. I even bought premium to test if this was the problem. But the skin temperature is still not showing. It says (translated from German): make sure your band is updated (which it is) and wear it at night (which I do). Now I'm wondering if the band might have a problem... I'm wondering if I should send it back and get it exchanged. 

Best Answer

I also was in the same situations

Best Answer
My Fitbit sense is no longer working
I went to bed last night and noticed my screen was glowing bright white so I too my watch off and tried to turn it off but nothing worked, the next morning was just a black screen it was fully charged and I could feel the vibration as I pressed the side sensor but nothing appeared on the screen.
I’ve tried all the tricks in the book that online had to offer but nothing works, I paid a lot of money for this and it’s only lasted 11 months.
A total load of crap, I’ll never but Fitbit crap 💩 again.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
The temperature was shown only, when I already had the premium subscription
for a few days.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been wearing it for 20 days now and still no baseline and no skin temperature.   I heard there were problems before I got it but I got it anyway.   So not happy.   Might just take it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes