Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin Temperature not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is the Skin Temperature a "coming soon" feature? I got my Sense yesterday and did all the updates/setup, but that particular stat says "update Fitbit device to latest firmware and wear it to sleep" after wearing it to bed last night.  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something here. 

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

So mine is finally working

What i did i clicked into skin temperature then clicked the settings icon in the top right corner and went down and clicked on 'delete temperature logs'  and after that the last 2 nights have been recorded 🙂

Best Answer

hey, do you know if skin temp feature is available on Versa 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t get a reading until I had worn it for 4 nights

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines still not working either, wore it everyday and night since release hasn't updated, tried resetting it, unsycing it, manual deleting previous logs. There seem to be a manual log in there for the 18th and 23rd of August which I can delete. Contacted Fitbit and they said I would get an email from someone to help me which hasn't happened yet either. Very poor from Fitbit seems like there what is temperamental and doesn't want to work for quite a number of people 

Best Answer

I'm sure I've worn it more than 3 nights (5) is there a minimum sleep time for it to work?  It's still saying 3 nights... Couple of the nights would be 3-4 hours.

Best Answer

Is there any information to help me understand the skin temperature reading? I noticed my skin temperature last night was -1.4F.  I'm not sure if this is accurate but I might be wrong. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

I’ve been wearing my Fitbit sense for a week and still no baseline or temperature reading and I am a  premium member in the UK

Best Answer

@forthewatch wrote:

hey, do you know if skin temp feature is available on Versa 3?

I believe that the only features NOT on the versa 3 are the EDA sensor and the ECG sensor (which has not been activated yet even on the Sense)/ 

Best Answer

After 7 days, skin temperature base line data showed up...here is what I did, decided to tighten the strap by 1 notch, went to sleep and the next morning, base line data was recorded.

Best Answer

I really don't understand this useless feature. I mean....there is no utility in telling me that my temperature is +0.1C since i don't know what's my body temperature (i don't have a thermometer). This watch is useless. I actually paid 100$ extra just to see my body temp and all i get are these variations 😤 I have +0.1C to what?? To 37? To 38?

Best Answer
I feel you my friend, I brought the watch as advertised but no ecg, no skin temperature no baseline readings and I’ve been wearing it for 8 days now, it’s not loose it’s a snug fit, never moves on my wrist, I’ve tried all the hints and tips but nothing works, then someone told me, they only work in the USA well why don’t they give you that information before you purchase outside the USA I’m in the UK and paid £300.00 for a watch that doesn’t do as advertised, i also paid for premium service, thinking everything would work fine but obviously it doesn’t I may as well of brought a £40.00 watch which will do what this one dose. I feel like it’s false advertising, they should clearly state, skin temperature, ECG etc only work in X amount of countries. 😖

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yeah I have no ECG, temperature readings or baseline readout, I’ve been told they only work in the USA, so why don’t they state that before you purchase, they should clearly state which countries the currently work in and inform us when it will be available in our countries. 
But to advertise the watch does this that and the other then when you purchase it it doesn’t , is false advertising, just luring in the public to buy without providing the goods. If you brought a car with all the bells and whistles and only the heater and radio worked there would be hell on. 
if they update the firmware for the UK :united_kingdom: so we can have ECG, skin temperature and a baseline readout which it says it can do, then I’d be happy, however at the minute on not happy and feel like I’ve been ripped off 😕😖

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here... I have worn it for 5 nights, the sleep app shows such, and still nothing in the Skin Temp app... ridiculous. This, along with the inaccurate step and other counts and missing ECG app has me seriously considering returning it and getting new Apple watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I feel like this hasn't been explained too well. What's my baseline to begin with? The first thing I showed was -1.1F below my baseline, then -0.5F below my baseline. I have no idea if this is correct or what it means.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve worn my new Sense for 6 days and nights and it still says “No Recent Data” for heart rate variability, skin temperature, and breathing rate even though I’m based in the US. SPO2 reading only worked 2 days. Resting heart rate has worked every day. Everything is updated, please advise. Seems like a I got a lemon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’d try resetting watch to factory settings, plus uninstall sense from Fitbit app and reinstall from scratch, hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here in the forums and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for reporting your inquiries about the Sense, as well for the troubleshooting steps tried on your own. Before anything else, let me explain that you'll need to wear your Sense consistently and it can take 3 days or more to measure your baseline. You can find more details about how your Sense tracks your skin temperature here.

That being said, let me recommend to try the following:
  1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Check if the Fitbit app is updated.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, log back in and sync your watch.
  5. Try adjusting the tightness of your watch as described in this help article when wearing it to sleep. Make sure to sync your watch after waking up.

@_Hades_, thanks for your feedback about the apps and features offered on your watch. Some features, such as the ECG, will require the approval of other countries to be available on the Sense. You can find this information and more in our website and the Press Release.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

Where do you do this at...the watch or app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My baseline is O? Is that possible? Is the watch really working?

Best Answer