Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpO2 and Floors values still not ok

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After several weeks and many user complaints since the latest firmware update, whose threads have been closed, my SpO2 values are still not reliable. From night to night, I keep getting alternating values of 93%, 95%, 93%, 95%, ... and so on. Figure below shows it. Note that I didn't wear my Sense on 2 nights, Thursday 22 and Tuesday 27. Note also how perfectly horizontal the line is between Monday 26 and today, the 28th.

20210728_160719.jpg

This doesn't look natural and had never happened before the latest firmware update.

As for the Floor count, this is what I got this morning, just as an example, after never leaving the same floor since last midnight (13 floors!!!):

20210728_160637.jpg

But I get similar ridiculous floor countings everyday. Useless.

I am using the latest versions of both the app (3.44 portuguese version) and my Sense's firmware version (44.128.5.38).

Still waiting for Fitbit to fix these and having more and more difficulty to understand why it is taking so long, as it seemed to be working ok 1 or 2 months ago.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

NEWS: After 9 nights with SpO2 values apparently stuck to a strange pattern of 95% 93% 95% 93%... and so on, with 2 or 3 nights in between with no values just because I did not wear my Sense those nights, all this after the latest firmware update and then around 5 days with no SpO2 at all, tonight I got 94%!!!

20210730_082523.jpg

This is new and raises hope that things are now finally on the right track for SpO2. Hope so.

Let's hope the same happens soon with Floor counting, though I was browsing this Community Forum and realized that's maybe an old unsolved problem, although for me it only began, or turned much worse, after the last firmware update. Until then, it was not perfect, but I found it acceptable.

Thank you all for your help, @Clove6060, @Guy_ and @SunsetRunner.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

For a more spectacular example of bad floor counting, here is what I got, exactly a month ago, at the end of a day when I walked a lot, always on near horizontal flat ground, and climbed a few steps, maybe equivalent to 2 or 3 floors, total. 97 floors?? I wish...

20210728_185227.jpg

Best Answer

Well I have not noticed my SpO2 data line that.

Either you are very consistent or something is awry. It’ll be interesting to see if Thursday is 93.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Clove6060.

Actually, this strange pattern was first reported by @Strokekid on July 25, as far as I know, and I noticed the same a few days later (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/SpO2-data-suddenly-not-syncing-to-the-Fitbit-App/m-p/4918684#M...). Besides, I have some sleep apnea and have controlled my blood oxygen levels before with a clinical instrument for several nights some time ago. My average then was 93%, the most common values being between 92% and 94%. 95% values were quite rare then. Besides, I've been using Sense for 7 months now. I had never seen this or any kind of regular patterns before. It looked ok then. This is recent, since last firmware update.

I know Sense is not meant for clinical purposes, but this repeating alternating pattern... I really don't believe these SpO2 numbers. They seem manufactured, not actual readings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To Fitbit:

The last firmware update almost coincided with the end of my Premium subscription. Can this coincidence explain the strange SpO2 values I'm getting since? I think it was not supposed to, but I worked in software for many years and know that these kind of bugs happen more often when rare and unforeseen circumstances occur. Although that would be quite poor software programming, I would say.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner 

I truly "hope" that these inconsistent metric readings are not affected by not subscribing to Premium...

I also chose not to renew the premium subscription one month after the trial period expired. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  As you say, it has to be poor programming to make things that were working, not work! Mixed with a total lack of testing.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I had a string of 5 days earlier this month when my  RHR did not change. I am now on day 3 with the same occurrence. i don’t know what to make of it, but it caught my eye.

E4D144CF-6F1C-4625-B93E-1978B787B8AB.png

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clove6060  it probably means things are ok for you. 

Compare with your stress score and sleep score.

Best Answer

I took a look at the health metrics, sleep score, and stress management. I don’t see a blatant pattern that would suggest an identical RHR for days. Because I don’t know what to look for. I just like to watch my data for upward or downward trends within my ranges. If I break out of a range that is when I take a close look and question why I’m outside my normal ranges. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clove6060  Exactly, trend anomalies is the thing to watch for. If its in range then all good.

Best Answer

Hi @Clove6060!

I have a heart condition, now under control, and follow closely my Sense's heart related data (that's why I bought it), but I'm no expert on the matter. From my experience with Sense, 5 days in a row with the same RHR value is not so common, but it happens, sometimes, when my daily heart related routine don't change much during those days. These include physical exertion and being more or less nervous or stressed. If I walk more along the day and, in the evening, I feel much more tired and relaxed than usual and then sleep better (deeper and longer), my RHR usually lowers the following day. On the other end, if I move less than usual or am more stressed during the day, the RHR value usually goes up the next day. From this point of view, I wouldn't worry.

================================================================================

Edited later. Please ignore the text below. See my next comment for explanation.

But there is something in your RHR graph that doesn't seem normal to me, comparing to my graphs. Nothing to do with your health, but with the graphs themselves. The daily values in my graphs show a continuous variation, e.g., the value shown is 55, but looking at the graph I see it's slightly above 55.0, maybe 55.2 or 55.3. Next day may be 55 again, but the graph shows the point a little below 55.0, maybe 54.8. And so on... The points in your graph seem to be always exactly round integer numbers. Seeing things this way, a perfectly straight line of 5 days in a row with, apparently, the same exact value, is quite different from what I get. In my graphs, the line always has small variations, even if the round integer number shown is always the same. This could be by design, but then why different from yours to my graphs?

So, I would say you have a point there, which Fitbit should clarify.

Having said that, I don't have Premium anymore, so my graphs are 7 days long only. Yours are 30 days, isn't it? That difference could maybe explain the graph differences I mentioned above, although I still find it a bit odd and unnecessary.

================================================================================

Best Answer
0 Votes

It did seem strange to me that the 3 days in a row were exactly the same figure. I don’t see where I have decimals to the hundredths place. Mine are whole numbers. I do have the ability to change my graphs time parameter from week to month. When I tap the health metrics tile, there is an option at the top of the landing page. I’ve always had premium so I am unfamiliar with the basic subscription features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clove6060, please forget what I wrote about your RHR graph. Looking again and better at my RHR graph, it looks exactly like yours. Only round integer numbers, apparently no decimals. I don't know how I did that mistake (maybe I was not wearing my reading glasses before?). I now see nothing wrong with your RHR graph. Sorry about that to all of you. My mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries!

I hope you get your concerns/issues resolved!

Best Answer

Thanks, @Clove6060. It looks like Fitbit is fiddling with the graphs right now, but certainly that's not the case, it was just my mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

NEWS: After 9 nights with SpO2 values apparently stuck to a strange pattern of 95% 93% 95% 93%... and so on, with 2 or 3 nights in between with no values just because I did not wear my Sense those nights, all this after the latest firmware update and then around 5 days with no SpO2 at all, tonight I got 94%!!!

20210730_082523.jpg

This is new and raises hope that things are now finally on the right track for SpO2. Hope so.

Let's hope the same happens soon with Floor counting, though I was browsing this Community Forum and realized that's maybe an old unsolved problem, although for me it only began, or turned much worse, after the last firmware update. Until then, it was not perfect, but I found it acceptable.

Thank you all for your help, @Clove6060, @Guy_ and @SunsetRunner.

Best Answer

Figured out what to do. Sold fitbit and bought a samsung watch 4

Best Answer