Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Fitbit Pay on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, again another functionality of fitbit that does't seem to work.  When I press wallet in the app I get the following notification. I would have liked to add a screenshot, but since this forum doesn't allow for uploads, I will have to describe how the notification looks. When I press the wallet in the app, a loading screen follows, thereafter I get the following message: Error registering sense with fitbit pay wallet Invalid Tracker trust payload: long hashcode GrizzlyBer::Parsingerror. A quick google search show that it is a parsingerror in the programming language ruby. Grizzlyber is a libraray that is used for processing EMV transaction-related data. So, basically the code for fitbit pay is not finished yet. Like what the heck?????

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

I'm getting the same behaviour (Pixel 3a, Android 11) have raised ticket with support and sent through screenshots but no response yet after I raised this on Monday. On chat with support again right now to try and escalate this.

I am also having other issues with the watch - temperature doesn't work after 5 nights, agenda says it needs more permissions (app has full permissions) and as of yesterday morning the sleep rating no longer appears on the watch face.

Not a great first week experience for a $500 AU watch...

Best Answer
Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued participation in this thread, as well for your efforts in troubleshooting your watches. I understand how you're feeling about not being able to set up the Fitbit Pay and let me continue helping you. If the error message displayed looks like the one below, please let me explain that our team has been informed of this issue and they're currently working on a resolution. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please won't go unnoticed.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 4.24.54 PM.png

For the ones that are getting a different error message, please take a screenshot of that screen and attach it to your reply by following the instructions from this post. This will help us to further investigate and identify a solution.

@MunsenBurner, thanks for sharing your feedback about the Sense, as well for getting in touch with the Support team. I understand your point of view and I'm sorry for the issues experienced with your new watch. So you can receive help from the moderators and the Community, I'd recommend to post each of your questions in the Fitbit Sense board by clicking ‘New Topic’. This will help us to keep our threads organized and on-topic.

Look forward to your comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it's on one plus nors with versa 3.

Same kind of grizzly error :(. Seems like this error has been there for a few years? What to do?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit you're screenshot doesn't seem to be loading properly.  can you reupload it or describe what the screenshot shows?

Best Answer
0 Votes

2020-09-28 15.15.06.png

See above for a screenshot I've captured.  I also recorded video if needed.

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

Any answer yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in this thread.

@LdVinci and @hiko, thanks for your keeping me posted about this situation. I've gone ahead and escalated your posts in regards to the error message "GrizzlyBer::Parsingerror" displayed when setting up the Fitbit Pay. Our team will take a deeper look and further investigate so you can take advantage of this feature. Once I have more details from them, I'll update this thread.

@mlaerek, thanks for replying back with a screenshot of the error message displayed. This issue was already reported to our team before and they continue working on this to bring a solution as soon as possible.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer

I have the same issue when I try to set up Sense pay on the Fitbit app "Error registering sense with fitbit pay wallet Invalid Tracker trust payload: long hashcode GrizzlyBer::Parsingerror"

I am using Sense, Pixel 3 with Android 11. I also get the same error when I try to set up a pin for the watch. I hope Fitbit will fix this issue soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem solved

When I did not get a response from Fitbit about this problem, I went to the store with the purchase receipt and asked for the replacement of the device.

With the new device problem solved.
The wallet has been configured without problem.

Best Answer

@ideazcarraga, I ended up doing the same thing, and things seem to be working fine now.

Best Answer

So replacing the product fixed the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hiko it did, at least for me, but i can't guarantee that you won't encounter the same issue again.

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

I appreciate the time taken to report the issues experienced while setting up the Fitbit Pay feature. This has been escalated to our team and they're working to identify a solution as quickly as possible so you can take full advantage of your Sense's features. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and be sure that your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed. Once I have more details from them, I'll update this thread.

@ideazcarraga, thanks for the update and your efforts while working on this matter. I'm glad the Fitbit Pay worked on your new watch and if there is anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to let me know.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hiko @mlaerek Replacing the product fixed the issue for me too...

Best Answer

Screenshot_20201010_001816_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Hello, I have the same problem with my fitbit sense, I can't set up fitbit pay, gives me the same grizzly bear parsing error, while I like my fitbit but it would be a shame to have to return it back for a refund and look for other options, I just don't feel comfortable paying over 300$ for a watch that is glitchy and does not work as intended.

P.s I'm using Huawei mate 20 pro

Best Answer

Hi @ideazcarraga, it's good to see you here in the forums. @Fayde89, welcome on board!

@ideazcarraga, thanks for the update and for taking the time to replace your Sense. I'm glad the issue got fixed and if you need anything else from me, don't hesitate to let me know.

@Fayde89, thanks for joining this thread and sharing a screenshot of the error message displayed on the Fitbit app. I understand your point of view about not being able to use this feature on your new Sense. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please know that our team continues working on this matter to bring a solution to all our affected members. Once I have more details about this matter, I'll update this thread.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

Thank you for the response , i have tried everything , i reset to factory settings , logged out of the app , cleared data , uninstalled the app reinstalled everything and paired the device again but still the wallet is not working , i did the same with different phones (one plus 5t - iphone 11 pro max) but the issue still remains.

Please fix the issue ASAP.

Regards

Best Answer

Requested a replacement and I received my Sense replacement yesterday. The Fitbit wallet works on my replacement Sense without any issues. Issue solved!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem is, I ordered mine from Amazon and it took quite a while to receive it, I'm  mkt sure if it's worth the hassle, a full refund will sound more reasonable 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact same error but on my versa 3 instead of sense (the unexpected error, try again later). Samsung S10 and Versa 3 combination. 

Would love to have this solved asap. Prefer not to go through the hassle of getting a new unit... especially for a new device 😶.

Any answer yet in how to proceed with this one? 

Best Answer
0 Votes