Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you choose Fitbit Sense again?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m wondering, would you buy this product again?  I’m not quite sure I’d use all the special features that make it more expensive than the others. So would you choose the Sense again?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

If you won’t be using the special features, I’d say no. Keep the Fitbit you have unless there is one above it and below the sense. Why pay for something you don’t want or need?

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would NOT buy the Sense again.  It has issues with counting floors accurately, the heart rate tracking and battery life is erratic ..  I regret spending the money, If I had it to do over again I would've kept my Versa 2 or purchased an Apple Watch. I just wanted the built in GPS feature but considering the issues it was not worth it.  I opened a case with support immediately but they kept blaming the issues on moisture (sweat) or changes in atmospheric pressure in my basement.  

Best Answer

So frustrated with my sense. When fitbit do an app update the battery goes from lasting 4 days to less than 1.  It has happened 3 times, I am experiencing this at the moment.

Best Answer

No, I would not buy a sense again. Thinking seriously of moving on from fitbit and I have owned one since 2015..

Best Answer

It depends on what you use it for. If you're interested in the "wellness" features, or just want a smartwatch that records everyday activities and sleep, it's probably fine. But if you do any serious sports activities, it's actually inferior to earlier/cheaper models.

For me, a Fitbit is for tracking relatively strenuous physical activity (cycling, weightlifting, hiking, etc.), so I want something that is more or less accurate when it comes to heart rate, because most of the other features, like calories, Zone Minutes, resting heart rate, SpO2, and VO2Max rely on the HRM. And the Sense's "PurePulse 2.0" HRM (shared with the Versa 3) is notoriously bad. For some people it reads ridiculously high HRs, but it seems much more common for it to be absurdly low. In this thread, I and others posted comparisons of the Sense with other Fitbits, and there are several other threads dealing with the same issue. 

I returned my Sense last Friday after 10 days of use and returned to my aging Versa 1, failing touchscreen and all. After my frustrations with the Sense, it felt like going back to an old friend.

Since Fitbit doesn't seem to have any interest in fixing the problem, and since the Sense seems likely to become an orphan once Fitbit rolls out its new Fitbit/Wear OS after its acquisition by Google, I'm going to stick with the Versa 1 until it dies then move to an actual activity-focused watch brand, like Garmin, Coros, or Polar. 

Best Answer

I'd strongly recommend you get something else. Spend a few minutes on the Internet (and this forum) and you will see the Sense has a lot of problems, both software and hardware. So many problems I lost count.

Best Answer

I thought the sense was just the thing I needed to track my A Fib and as I have Fitbit Charge 2 and thats been ok but not got the feature/s I want now. Nightmare trying to decide between the Sense an an iwatch 6. A great shame the Sense isnt reliable.

Best Answer

Currently the battery issue alone would stop me from buying a sense.

Best Answer

I thank those that have responded.  I read so many entries here and wathched the comparison videos but hearing your responses has helped me a lot. I love my charge 3 and was going to bump up but maybe I'll stick with it. Broken screen and all. 

Best Answer

I wouldn’t. I’ve had mine for 3 months and it completely died 2 days ago. 

------------------------------------------

Same 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Best Answer

Well, seeing everyone’s replies, has made my mind up, go with the Apple 6, can get 2 yrs guarantee from JL and maybe after buy more cover. Not paying out for a product when you get ditched after you buy it 😡A big shame as I’d rather the Sense as I don’t want all the Apple features 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

I bought mine in March. Here in Norway, I paid NOK 3498 = 350 USD. What did I get? A pedometer with an AMOLED screen able to show me the time of day. I can accept and have an understanding for unexpected results after an update. What I cannot accept, is the unwillingness of the company to resolve the issues. Would I buy it again? that is a No way from Norway.

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Don't buy it - they couldn't fix so many errors for over half a year. 

Best Answer

I've been a Fitbit user since 2015 and I have had quite a few of the Fitbits over the years.   Based on my experience, I have had the most problems with the Sense and these problems started within 4 weeks of ownership.  Just look at all the issues mentioned in this forum.  I'm wearing my old Fitbit Alta now since my Sense has been in RMA black hole since June 6th.  Save yourself the frustration and stick with what you have until the issues are resolved.

Best Answer

This is what concerns me the most. What will be the support left for Fitbit users when WearOS by Google is rolled out to its wearables? If the current issue with the Fitbit App is any indication of how issues are addressed even without WearOS being released, what more so when Fitbit adapts WearOS for future Fitbit wearables? Is there even a roadmap for Fitbit adapting WearOS? 

For sure, nothing is ever permanent anyway.

Best Answer

This is my first post and I've had my sense for 2 days. 

No. Don't do it! The thing is terrible and I honestly would say to just use your old one till it runs down and then get an apple watch or something else...

Best Answer

From personal experience, I would not buy or upgrade. My screen cracked after a week of just wearing it. In addition, the GPS doesn't track properly and the software it just buggy. Unfortunately, support won't fix or replace because they say they don't replace screens even if it's due to manufacturing error. This really surprised me. At this point, I'm looking at apple products. 

Best Answer

I am new to this topic, but appreciate all the honest replies. My Sense has trouble connecting to the charger more and more often, which is rather annoying. Thankfully I have not given up and eventually it has charged. 
But other than that, I have to say I love my Sense. I don’t need the Sleep tracking and don’t care (much) about counting floors. I like being able to select which notifications I want on my Sense (phone call, calendar reminders, text messages, …). As long as it lasts, I will keep using it. But when it stops, I will look around before buying again. Maybe an iWatch (I have had Apple devices and Macs for over 25 years)! 

Best Answer

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I was put in touch with Fitbit support (via Direct Message to them via Twitter) and they helped me, all within a fairly short amount of time -- OK, about an hour overall, with pauses in-between messages back and forth. I almost gave up with the Chat option, but then decided to try the DM via Twitter and am SO glad I did. My advice is, if one way of getting to Fitbit Support doesn't work, then try another.  

I can heartily recommend the Fitbit Sense. I bought it (had a Charge 3 before, and a Charge 2 before that), and really like having a BIGGER screen to see the time. Also, that I can change my setting that the time doesn't have to show all the time (which would use the battery up quicker), but when I specifically turn my arm. That works for me! Whatever you decide to do @slynn0222, don't be afraid to take a closer look at the Sense. Good luck in any case!

Best Answer
0 Votes