Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you choose Fitbit Sense again?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m wondering, would you buy this product again?  I’m not quite sure I’d use all the special features that make it more expensive than the others. So would you choose the Sense again?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Do you have a medical condition that requires having ECG? 

If so I should discuss your thoughts with your doctor. 

Otherwise, stick with the Versa 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. I think this will be my last Fitbit purchase. The technology sounds great on paper, but in real life, it just keeps going wrong. My last Fitbit had a failing screen, and this Sense now can't track a simple walk or hike without crashing. When the basics don't work, who cares about the more advanced stuff? You don't even get an on screen battery warning - you have to check the spam folder in your email inbox.

I'm just really disappointed at the lack of quality control. I fully expect it to get worse under Google. Google have an incredible record at sinking new acquisitions (e.g. Nest) or cancelling new software services within a few years of launch.

I think it's time to move on, and weeks being unable to properly track my hikes is the perfect shove I needed.

Best Answer

Hi @Cathbadh have you done a shutdown of the Sense? This is the only way to do a hardware restart, it also will restart the firmware. 

As for notifications, I agree, the tracker should give them directly on the wrist. To he now, the tracker needs to sync, then the fitbit cloud server sends a flag to the fitbit app saying the battery is low. The user can also setup an email and/or a text message sent. 

I also have the fitbit app send Fitbit notifications to the Sense. Therefore I usually get 2 notifications of a low battery on my wrist. 

Not really ideal, because the tracker needs to first sync, and instead of being told at 30% it sometimes doesn't come until as low as 12%. 

As for email going to spam, your email reader, Google also, have the option to white list addresses. 

For Google, they mostly are interested in mega data. 

For Fitbit, they got a ton of money to help with research and development. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're not sure you'd use the features, don't get the Sense. I did and the extra features aren't really providing me with any useful information and I've developed some additional health issues during that time. I don't need the ECG feature. It's also been frustrating to have more bugs than I had with my original Versa and Versa 2, like the stair count being completely inaccurate and not being able to save timers, even to a single consistent time. The only thing I like having is Google Assistant. I should have gotten the Versa 3 instead or just kept my Versa 2. Right now, I don't know what my next smart watch will be or if it will even be a FitBit at all.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had nothing but fitbit devices. I bought the versa 2 so I could just wear one thing - loved it and easy to use. Then it literally died after 1.5 yrs. did not respond to touch. Did hard reset. But still didn’t work. Contacted support and basically it was time to replace. They gave. Me a nice discount so I went to the Sence. I struggled whether to get versa 3 or sense or go to Apple. As I did when I got the versa 2. Bottom line cost wins. However I am disappointed in the sense. Harder to use and seems to have less then my old watch. When this one dies I will more then likely go to Apple as I only buy iPhones. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer