Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breathing Data not recorded on the Fitbit App

Since the update I have only received 2 Breathing Rate readings in my app.  One of those looked normal and the other was "0"..  All other readings seem to be recording ok.  Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
96 REPLIES 96

I also see no Breathing Rate data in the app.. I have the Fitbit Sense.

Best Answer

I have 2 readings in the 7 nights I have used it ? Most other parameters are recorded every night 

Best Answer

I’m experiencing the same problem. I have the Sense. Today my breathing rate is missing. All other sleep data was successfully reported.

Best Answer

I've had my Sense for almost a week and never gotten any breathing rate data or heart rate variability data in the Health Metrics area of the "Today" app.  I do, however, see heart rate data and how it varies in the heart rate monitor area of the "Today" app.  So far, the Health Metrics area seems to be rather worthless.  I have a Premium membership also.

Best Answer

I have the Sense, and mine says "No Data" for:

Breathing Rate

Heart Rate Variability 

Skin Temperature 

I wish I would have waited to buy this until we saw how well it actually works.  Now you can buy it for $50 cheaper. Bummed.

Best Answer

I'm having the same exact issues here. Not sure why it's happening.

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit Chat about the Breathing Rate as the only feature not showing any data on my week-old Fitbit Sense.  They said that there is a Background Firmware Download that will take at least two days to finish.  Once that is done, our Fitbit app is supposed to notify us of an available firmware update that we need to install in the app.  Hopefully, this will fix the Breathing Rate and other bugs.

😷

Best Answer

Same problem here.  Four days wearing the Sense and I am missing BR and HRV.  Other stats work.

Best Answer

Did the Breathing Rate feature get fixed for anybody?  Besides working for only one day, it always shows "No Data".  😞

Best Answer

Same for me. #update: changing my Fitbit did not fix such issue. Therefore it has to be a firmware issue. 

Best Answer

This feature now seems to be working. It takes a while to calculate and update the app though. I'm not sure if this feature also requires the Spo2 watch face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The SP02 watch face is not mandatory to have the SP02 reading.. I don't have the watch face installed and I get the readings (although it take few hours to appear in the app). Instead the BR simply doesn't work.

Best Answer

I have had only 1 BR reading and 2 HRV readings in the past month. Did you manage to fix it?

Best Answer

Hi,

It works about 95% of the time now. There's been updates since my Op though, see my post above for more info. GL 👍

Best Answer

Hello! I had a reading this morning. If it's carrying on working during the week end I will post what I did on Monday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am seeing all of my daily values in the Health Metrics section now. I
didn't do anything, so I guess it got fixed in the cloud.
Best Answer

The same here. I had forced-quit Fitbit and reset the breathing rate on the dashboard last Friday.  It is working since then, 3 out of 3. But at this point maybe it works cause they fixed something in the background. The Spo2 rate also works without having the watch face, it just appears in the late morning. Updated 10th/Feb: Yesterday's morning showed no data but today's back on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matty70, And how do you "reset the breathing rate on the dashboard"?

Best Answer

Hi Hajo71. As I mentioned, it works now maybe regardless what I did. However, to delete/reset the BR, enter the mydashboard online, go to view settings (top right), select settings, manage data. The list of activity will open, breathing rate is under health metrics. Click on the arrow on the right and delete the period you want. As I said it could have started working for completely different reason, but it doesn't hurt to give it a go

Best Answer