Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sleep Log? Change your settings!

Hi sleepy Community members!

Does your sleep log look something like this?

sleep log restless.png

If you think your log is inaccurate when it shows this much restlessness, you're not alone! A lot of Fitbit users have sleep logs like this, and many times it's due to the fact that Sleep settings are on "Sensitive" mode instead of "Normal" mode. A little about these two modes:

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep.

We strongly suggest that most users use the Normal setting. To change your settings to Normal, follow these steps, or visit our help article!

• To change your setting in the Fitbit iOS app, go to Account Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  • To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any trouble changing this setting or if you have seen a difference in the accuracy of your sleep log after switching!

Best Answer
522 REPLIES 522
I agree!! Call Fitbit and tell them. If enough ppl complain they will fix it or refund your money.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

totally agree.   All fitbit is really good for is an old fashioned watch.......

Best Answer

I totally get your point. I’ve deleted sleep off my dashboard for the same reason.

Best,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

All three of my Fitbits have been on normal sleep setting instead of sensitive (Flex, Charge 2, Versa) and NONE of them have ever been accurate.  For example, I know I fall asleep somewhere around 11 pm, wake up once (if that) to go to the bathroom, immediately go back to sleep, and wake up around 6:45 - 7 am. However, inevitably my Fitbit says I fell asleep at 2 or 3 am, woke up at 5 am, and never fell back asleep.  If that were accurate, I would not be able to function - and yet, here I am, going to work as an accountant and working out twice a day 4 days a week.  Clearly I got more than 3 hours of sleep. 

Obviously the sensitivity setting is NOT the real problem.  I'm sick of having to edit my sleep log EVERY DAY to get it to be close to accurate.  This is an extremely frustrating problem that many of your customers are experiencing.  Please just figure it out and fix it.  

Best Answer

The "normal" setting doesn't fix the problem.  All three of mine have been on normal setting, but have NEVER tracked my sleep accurately.  Stop lying to people on these forums!

Best Answer

How do you explain it when the sleep setting has been on normal the entire time you've owned a Fitbit but none of the devices you've owned have ever tracked sleep properly despite following all the recommendations (restarting, resetting, having the sleep setting on normal, etc)?

Best Answer

I’m reverse my Fitbit is not tracking my awake periods. I’m nursing an infant so I’m very awake! Playing on my phone up to use the restroom etc. it tracks as sleeping? (I have it on sensitive)

Best Answer
Exactly!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I agree that both of my FitBits didn't gage my sleep correctly. Funny that when I go to bed I have 10 steps and when I wake up I have 125 steps, but I didn't get up to go to the bathroom. Doesn't matter which mode normal or sensitive. The only tracker that I had that was accurate was Pebble, but Fitbit bought them and mucked it all up. 

I would say to just use the steps part of the app, however, I know it's a different forum, but that doesn't reflect correctly either. Guess we all bought a clunker.

Best Answer

----------------------------------------

Best Answer

Best Answer

I won't admit I bought junk because it serves the purposes I need. OK sometimes it gets the start time wrong but I can fix that.

I'm surprised they haven't deleted your post for suggesting they are frauds.

Best Answer

No I don’t sleep walk. But I have changed my sleep from sensitive to normal. It has lowered the steps during the night, but this is still really strange.

Best Answer

Best Answer
Do you have restless leg syndrome?
Tuner
Best Answer

Best Answer

Thanks, I have returned my sleep feature to “normal” and it isn’t showing me an unrestful as before. However, I’m still having issues with the steps, I changed from automatic, to fix length, but it still appears to be way off. And, since I live in a split level, my stairs aren’t 10 steps long, so even though I am going up and down stairs all day, it only registers when I go two levels. But, that’s a different forum.

Thanks for the input everyone, but you can all stop now.

Best Answer

Each night my FB Sleep logging is 2 or 3 hours later than I actually went to sleep (I also use Snorelab app on my phone and compare the results). The awake time is correct but not the asleep time.

Another issue is that many nights the FB sleep logging shows me awake for a couple hours around 2 or 3am, yet there are no corresponding steps, and my SnoreLab app shows me asleep.

The sleep is set to normal (vs. sensitive), any ideas?

Best Answer
The Fitbit records stairs only if they are 10’ high which 15 about 16 steps. U can fool the fit bit by making real hi steps after you reach the top step
Best Answer
It seems the sleep function works for some and not others. It doesn’t work for me, but very accurate for my wife. I wear a CPAP and have a lot of movement in my sleep also.
Best Answer