Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sleep Log? Change your settings!

Hi sleepy Community members!

Does your sleep log look something like this?

sleep log restless.png

If you think your log is inaccurate when it shows this much restlessness, you're not alone! A lot of Fitbit users have sleep logs like this, and many times it's due to the fact that Sleep settings are on "Sensitive" mode instead of "Normal" mode. A little about these two modes:

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep.

We strongly suggest that most users use the Normal setting. To change your settings to Normal, follow these steps, or visit our help article!

• To change your setting in the Fitbit iOS app, go to Account Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  • To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any trouble changing this setting or if you have seen a difference in the accuracy of your sleep log after switching!

Best Answer
522 REPLIES 522

Thank you for your input. I will try that. Right now I am just going in and
forcing the go to bed time.

UPDATE, Sep 08: Still not accurately tracking sleep or sleep quality. I get great sleep, wake up refreshed, invigorated and it gives me a 67 with 1.5 hours awake!  I take the information with a grain (a pound) of salt. 
Derrell Hill
916-759-7864
DRE #01909996

Best Answer
Already did all that was suggested

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
Nothing worked. It has been showing 0 minutes asleep for several days now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't even wear it now. Absolute garbage.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone back and forth between normal and sensitive for two weeks at a time over the last six months to see if I get accurate/complete sleep tracking.  It will work for a night or two then go back to not working.  And I've done all the other suggestions like resetting my Charge 5.  In two weeks it will be six months of inaccurate readings (and free Premium).  I will not pay for Premium since this device is no better than a watch and tracking device for walks/hikes/bike rides.

Best Answer
I have already done everything recommended. Still no luck. I’m just writing off my sleep stages.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

mine isn't even tracking my sleep anymore and i don't know why 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried rebooting and logging out and back in, and while I get a graphed sleep pattern, there is no calculation of times awake and times restless.  It ALWAYS shows zero regardless.  How can this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 5 will no longer track sleep either...  very upset

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did I get it figured out?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I’ve given up.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

YAY!    Finally got the solution!   I've had my Charge 5 for 6 weeks; even had the first one replaced because it was faulty. My fitbit was set on "sensitive" and I've gotten 2 hrs _+ sleep/night readings the whole time. I wondered if the fans I have going all night made a difference. No. I changed the "sensitive" setting to "normal" on my wrist unit and still got 2 hrs/night. Only today, after reading this, did I change it in the iOS, where it was still set at sensitive. I didn't know the difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update has changed the problems my Fitbit Sense has tracking sleep. Last night it had me in deep sleep while I was unable to sleep, and gone downstairs and was reading a book and chewing gum. It also had me asleep while I walked up the stairs to go back to bed. The Fitbit Sense is useless for Sleep. There is no way putting it on sensitive would improve that situation. Before, it could not tell when I was asleep or had finished my breathing and progressive muscle relaxation exercises but was not asleep. It also could not tell when I was asleep but apparently physically active (I have periodic leg movement). My Charge did a better job. I may go back to it. 

Best Answer
I have a sense as well, it usually works, then it will behave much like
yours. What I recently found, was that my old phone LG Velvet 5G is not
really all that good as it always had syncing issues, My new Pixel 6 pro is
like night and day, the connectivity is much better, I also found some time
when I get a partial sleep reading it fixes it self later in the day. So
bottom line check the quality of the phone that may be an issue.

--
Edward Ramonas
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Edward, funny you mentioned Pixel 6 Pro, that's my phone too. Yes it will adjust the sleep info, but come on Fitbit, improve your accuracy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do u do it in both?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 5.  I have the same issues you describe with your Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife has the sense and hers works fine, i have the charge 5 and it doesnt work for sleep

Best Answer
0 Votes

it says the same thing on normal, that i only got 3 hours of sleep. i think it's because it monitors your heart rate. mine is high at night, especially during sleep stages, so it thinks i'm awake. it's unreliable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  I have a charge 4 and the issue I am seeing is that the tracker seems to skip hours of the day/night that I was actually asleep.  I have it set to normal, normal and that my usual sleep is from 11pm to 7am.  My tracker will register me asleep in the evening while I am watching TV and I am not actually asleep except maybe a few minutes here and there because TV is re-runs, then awake around 10:30 or 11pm to actually get ready for bed, asleep between 11pm ish and 1:30am or so when I wake up to put my mini-poodles in their crates and actually get into bed.  My tracker will not even track the 1:30am - 7am I am actually in bed.  So I get wild sleep scores with half of most nights missing from the data.  Any clues?  If it is just that however fitbit measures sleep, my relaxing in front of the TV is counting as light sleep, why is fitbit not measuring the 5 to 6 hours I am actually in bed as anything?

Thanks, Sorry if this was already covered ... I scanned through and did not see the missing hours as an issue.

Pukha

Best Answer
0 Votes