Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate Sleep Log? Change your settings!

Hi sleepy Community members!

Does your sleep log look something like this?

sleep log restless.png

If you think your log is inaccurate when it shows this much restlessness, you're not alone! A lot of Fitbit users have sleep logs like this, and many times it's due to the fact that Sleep settings are on "Sensitive" mode instead of "Normal" mode. A little about these two modes:

• The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.
  • The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep.

We strongly suggest that most users use the Normal setting. To change your settings to Normal, follow these steps, or visit our help article!

• To change your setting in the Fitbit iOS app, go to Account Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.
  • To change your setting in the fitbit.com dashboard, go to Settings > Devices > scroll down to Sleep Tracking.

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any trouble changing this setting or if you have seen a difference in the accuracy of your sleep log after switching!

Best Answer
522 REPLIES 522

Set to "normal" sleep sensitivity yet the APP recorded my sleep as happening a few hours before I set it to start sleep mode (while sedentary but not in bed). I have poor sleep in general and getting medical help. I'm trying to get a handle on how poor my sleep is and having Fitbit add sleep hours is disconcerting 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I find that Fitbit tracks time awake as light sleep - so it is pretty useless to me. I've changed the sensitivity setting, do you have any other suggestions? thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, your article makes sensitive sense. Just finding out tomorrow. I probably made it sensitive because sleep is important to combine work, medication, fitness and track seizures in sleep. Only asking myself, why now? I'm using this device for a few years, with sensitive sleeptracker. Or did it change with the better, easier sleep profile Fitbit Premium I remember something did or will happen they announced few days ago 

Best Answer
0 Votes