Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,368 REPLIES 1,368

It looks interesting, but I no longer see a graph for resting heart rate and oxygen ?  Also I wish Google would add some color to this app.   Overall, hopefully this is a step forward, I look forward to trying this.  Do you know when this will hit iOS ?

Best Answer

When the new sleep chart will be for ios users?thanks

New sleep chart just arrived via app update,good Job fitbit team,really like this format!Hope to have sono a refresh also on the “readliness score” chart😉

Best Answer

I just updated the app to 4.14.1 on iOS but still see the old sleep look ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange,in on ios too just updated to 4.14.1 and i have the new sleep chart!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the U.S. and have a Versa 4. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Italy here on fitbit charge 5

Best Answer

Hmm, maybe it’s regional.  One would have thought the app update would have simply included it.  Here in the US the update just said bug fixes and improvements. 

Best Answer

Not a huge fan of this new look at all. It lacks color and there doesn't seem to be a graph for heart rate. I like seeing all of my days stacked in a row so I can compare the whole week at once. I assume there is a a new way to view this that I just need to learn about. Overall, the new look feels really busy and hard to read in my opinion, but I'm old(er)...lol.

Best Answer

Are you in the U.S. ?  Wondering when this will hit the states.

Best Answer

Not a fan this morning. I used to be able to "open" the graph and turn my phone horizontally to get a better view. That doesn't seem possible. 

Also used to be able to scroll sideways and see each sleep zone on it's own. This graph is so compressed it makes me not want to bother with the app -just like when the exercise zones colours were changed and vague descriptions were introduced a few months ago.

Best Answer

@RebeccaFitbit   I haven't received it yet.  A different user wrote that they can't find the sleep benchmarks.  Are these gone?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Seems like an APPLE ‘upgrade’….redesigned for the heck of it and absolutely worse in all respects.  Why mess with something that’s not broken?  There seems to be NO detail in the data.  So irritating and disappointing.

Best Answer

I hate it. It's much harder to read without the distinct colour lines previously available. I'm a great believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I think this was a change for changes sake. Please put it back to how it was. Very displeased user.

Best Answer

How do I return to the old sleep experience format? I hate, hate, hate the new one. 

Best Answer

I should add that I really loved the old format.

Best Answer

Don’t like the look, and hope to provide some detail to the PM on why I think it’s worse. My partner has the new one and I have the old so doing a side by side is fairly easy. Biggest loss for me is the lack of tooltip/sleep score value on the graph. This made the data easy to quickly see and grasp, without any scrolling or interaction. Because the score range is ~25, the bars on the new look don’t tell you much on a 100 point scale without the values displayed. While I understand putting the most recent night’s detail, front and center, this still could have been worked into the old week-first display (where the ad for premium is).  The old one is a single click to get to the night detail. The new, provides more detail and drill-downs, but at a cost of many clicks and loss of simplicity. The goal is admirable, but execution off. Get everything simply displayed upfront and THEN add the option for more detail for those who want it. 

Best Answer

Below is a great article folks on what Google is working to do here with the app.  No one likes change, but sometimes change is good and in time you might grow to like it, so give it a chance !

https://9to5google.com/2024/04/12/google-fitbit-design-us/ 

Best Answer

Well, I guess it was just a matter of time until they "improved" the sleep function that did not need improving. It's like my dogs "Hey, there's nothing there, let's bark". Can't you just leave stuff that works alone? A few more "improvements" and you will lose a 9 year user.

Why do I have "learn" to love it?

Best Answer

I don't like it.  I prefer the way the sleep used to be displayed.  Is there any way to go back?

Best Answer